Bengaluru FC: Season 3 (2015-16)

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
I began the season 2 thread in June 2014, since then, Bangalore's most popular football club went on to win the Federation Cup and finish well in the I-League... ah... who am I kidding, that was a horrible way to lose to the I-League, but they can keep their heads held high as the third season is approaching... in 6 months.

Bengaluru FC will be looking to keep the core of their team together again like last year. Guys who have moved on to the ISL will most likely return, like star Indian Sunil Chhetri, and 3 of their foreigners (John Johnson, Curtis Osano, and Josh Walker) are likely to stay as well. The team will be looking to start their I-League season better than they did last season, which many would agree was what probably stopped them from retaining the title. Lets see what Ashley Westwood has cooked up for this season.

Season 3 for the most professional club in India, begins now!
jithuvreddevil87gaffertapekuldeep007

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited July 2015
    Bengaluru FC’s plans won’t be impacted by ISL: Westwood

Ashley Westwood believes the Indian Super League will not adversely affect Bengaluru FC’s plans for the new I-League season. BFC will be represented by at least 10 players in the ISL this year, a change in stance from the inaugural edition when there had been no participation.

I think the way the club has gone about this is fantastic. All their foreign signings are not in the ISL, they are actually staying together as a unit, and the core of the team overall is basically the same. Add in some promising Indian signings here and there and I think Bengaluru FC could be up for the "Win the I-League" challenge.
    kuldeep007
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Any news on the pre season tournaments they would be participating?
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2971 Points
    As per @gaffertape they will be travelling to Japan. 
    They will play BDFA Super division and Puttaiah Cup
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Maddie....Japan is off....too expensive & also not enough players....
    after India camp...and then ISL pre-season they will be left with only a handful of players...

Rumours of ISL teams looking to take Curtis and Johnson on board...
    Josh Walker might join Udanta at Oxford. ..

Also if any injuries to ISL player's like Dika...then Alwyn George could go in as a replacement.

BFC also chasing Sandesh Jhinghan & Gurpreet Sandhu for AFC campaign
    Coincidently I was wondering why Curtis Osano or John Johnson were not taken for ISL yet. Both players have plenty of experience with Indian football and conditions, they would be pretty cheap options, good experience in England, and they are honestly not bad overall players.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I would like to see Curtis and Johnson on board for ISL. The more I-league foreigners play in ISL we will have a better idea about the foreigners playing in I-league. It will also give perspective to I-league clubs to look for the foreigners in terms of effectiveness, popularity and budget. 

Sandhu back to India?? That will be very bad for him. He better stays there and look for another club.
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparkuldeep007
    If there was a team in India I would not mind him joining, it's Bengaluru FC. Also, Bengaluru FC would play from January to May while Staebek don't play league till April.
    gaffertapekuldeep007
    Hopefully  Sandesh will be confirmed . I would like to see the lad . I still prefer Ralte over Sandhu , he had a wonderful season.  from comic he became starlet in BFC fans. I don't wont to make him feel like PK by bringing Sandhu in. 
    Manju