2016 I-League 2nd Division

archakarchak 2082 Points
The I-League core committee approved the 2nd Division League criteria today. Tentatively 11 Clubs – LoneStar Kashmir FC, Guwahati FC, Mohammaden Sporting Club, DSK Shivajians FC, PIFA Sports, Kenkre Sports, Dempo SC, NEROCA FC, Fateh Hyderabad FC, Gangtok Himalayan SC and Minerva FAC – will participate in the 2nd Division League 2015-16, subject to fulfillment of the Club Licensing criteria.

The committee also approved plans for the 2nd Division League 2015-16 to be played on a home and away basis. The Preliminary Round will be played in a Conference system with the Teams being divided into Eastern and Western Conferences. Top three Teams from each Conference will qualify for the Final Round of the 2nd Division League 2015-16.

Furthermore, in an attempt to efficiently widen the Indian Footballing scenario, the committee approved a qualifying round for the 2nd Division League 2016-17. Top two Teams of each state, excluding Hero I-League 2015-16 and 2nd Division League 2015-16 participants, will get to participate in the Qualifiers, which will act as a feeder system to the 2nd Division League 2016-17.

Credits: AIFF Press Release
goalkeeparThe real AGnamewtheld

Comments