Other Sports

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    so indian mens and womens team are through to final olympic play off after indian womens team get past italy by 1-0 and indian mens team winning all possible 15 points after a win of 4-2 against poland
    did the womens team qualify after their loss
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    so indian mens and womens team are through to final olympic play off after indian womens team get past italy by 1-0 and indian mens team winning all possible 15 points after a win of 4-2 against poland
    no they missed it once again....actually indian womens team were not expected to win it,infact them reaching final itself was good for the ladies games in country
  • so indian mens and womens team are through to final olympic play off after indian womens team get past italy by 1-0 and indian mens team winning all possible 15 points after a win of 4-2 against poland
    no they missed it once again....actually indian womens team were not expected to win it,infact them reaching final itself was good for the ladies games in country

Ladies sports will rise slowly. Im surprised no money is put into Women's Football. Indian WFT would eaisly qualify for the Womens FIFA World Cup.
  • WSH ratings equals EPL

The viewership ratings in the very first week of the inaugural Bridgestone World Series Hockey is on par with the world’s most followed sports league, EPL. In fact the ratings are 33 per cent higher than F1. The average rating for the 9 PM game is 25 per cent higher than EPL.

“We have been successful in creating a strong sporting property that is in India and for India. The very first week ratings have been encouraging and is a clear testimony that hockey is the only sport after cricket that can deliver pan national viewership,” said Yannick Colaco, COO, Nimbus Sport.

“The awareness and buzz around WSH is unprecedented across all touch points including social media. The response from the commercial eco-system has been overwhelming with brands such as Bridgestone, Vodafone, Seagram’s Imperial Blue, Coke, etc. on board,” added Colaco.

The viewership data also proves that hockey is the only sport after cricket that has pan national following and best services the need gap of a strong second sport in India. The ratings of WSH are a whopping 400 per cent more than I League, the domestic football league in India.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

400% better than I-League. This is a wakeup call. The National League has been here sense 1996 and WSH was here sense 2012 and already they are kicking our asses. WHY DOESNT ANYONE WAKE UP!!!! FRANCHISE LEAGUES ARE THE FUTURE OF INDIA!
    arsenalfan wrote:
    400% better than I-League. This is a wakeup call. The National League has been here sense 1996 and WSH was here sense 2012 and already they are kicking our asses. WHY DOESNT ANYONE WAKE UP!!!! FRANCHISE LEAGUES ARE THE FUTURE OF INDIA!

ya franchise league is better for the clubs and fans as it would mean club can invest off-field as well as they have the assurance of staying in the league until they are financially stable and also fans could be assured of a club in their city for time till they are there to support
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

ya franchise league is better for the clubs and fans as it would mean club can invest off-field as well as they have the assurance of staying in the league until they are financially stable and also fans could be assured of a club in their city for time till they are there to support

true words there. I am telling you. There is a reason for all this. AIFF started the first national sports league in 1996 (tournaments dont count like Ranji Trophy etc) and 16 years later, nothing has changed but IPL starts in 2007 and WSH in 2012 and major success. And those are franchise leagues!
    mumbai fighters will be playing their return leg match of q/f WSB today against baku fires, who were given their first defeat of season by our indian club....
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited March 2012
    Hyderabad the worst city for sports,before we atleast used to do well in cricket now we are all rounders(ZERO in everything) =D>

No Football Association which means no clubs can register under AIFF tournament nor can any player represent India and sign club and play in AIFF registered tournament.

Hockey too is a game of beggars,no facilities no tournaments so nothing for it in Hyderabad.

For cricket there is everything but still they are shittest of lot in India.
    ashindia wrote:
    Hyderabad the worst city for sports,before we atleast used to do well in cricket now we are all rounders(ZERO in everything) =D>

No Football Association which means no clubs can register under AIFF tournament nor can any player represent India and sign club and play in AIFF registered tournament.

Hockey too is a game of beggars,no facilities no tournaments so nothing for it in Hyderabad.

For cricket there is everything but still they are shittest of lot in India.
    dont worry your city will comeback....i still remember those phl days and if i am not wrong hyderabad team were the inaugural champions i guess ...and even deccan won ipl once
    and news of hyderabad globe trying their luck in next 2nd div i-league would be good news for you