How I League clubs could be marketed well?

ajmalajmal 1208 Points
edited March 2012 in I league
we always say that clubs should be marketed well.Then how can it be done?
There are small small things that if clubs take care of , they can raise their no. of fans substantially.

My suggestions:
1.appoint a separate group of staffs for marketing
2.associate with a regional news paper
3.join with a magazine & start scratch & win competions giving free tickets for the matches as prizes
what will u do if u have nothing to do in a weekend & u get a free ticket for a match
4.arrange road shows before some matches with some regional artforms say shinkarimelam in kerala.
5.community development, as always

Now give urs!!!

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    ajmal wrote:
    we always say that clubs should be marketed well.Then how can it be done?
    There are small small things that if clubs take care of , they can raise their no. of fans substantially.

My suggestions:
    1.appoint a separate group of staffs for marketing
    2.associate with a regional news paper
    3.join with a magazine & start scratch & win competions giving free tickets for the matches as prizes
    what will u do if u have nothing to do in a weekend & u get a free ticket for a match
    4.arrange road shows before some matches with some regional artforms say shinkarimelam in kerala.
    5.community development, as always

Now give urs!!!

FINALLY! I thought I was the only one that did these type of threads. Anyway going back to the topic.
    also I think we should take a chapter out of the MLS and J.League way of getting into the community.

Something like this...

Have the players hold clinics. Get into the community. Help out. Get to know who your fans are. Also try buying some ad space on billboards. Go all out.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    we need a marketing director for i-league as well as individual guys
    go to all these MBA schools and ask them to do it as project work.
    maintain professional websites with e stores,no matter what the amount sales,its additional money and maybe all clubs stores can be managed by single logistics company.
    more community clinics
    media interaction
    half time shows like kids 5 on 5 or something to keep people attention
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    marketing is not a problem at all if you are ready to invest money...there are firms which will do it for you. all you need is will
  • marketing is not a problem at all if you are ready to invest money...there are firms which will do it for you. all you need is will
    Marketing is a problem. Not a big one.

Right now we will fail to get big sponsors like Pepsi and such as they will want to be assured that the league can be successful.

At this moment if the rumors are true and we go for a 16 team 2012-13 season with the following teams...
    East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Prayag United, Pailan Arrows, Shillong Lajong, United Sikkim, Aizawl FC, Dempo SC, Salgaocar SC, Sporting Goa, Churchill Brothers, Chirag Kerala, Mumbai FC, Air India FC, and Pune FC. These teams plus no salary cap, no proper transfers and 16 untrusted owners running the league.

If we want the big companies to stay then the AIFF would not separate the league and Federation but just open 10 seats in the league directors at AIFF. Then have the league be 10 teams with no more than 2 teams per city. Then no pro/rel and use MLS and A-League as an example and you are off to the races.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    edited March 2012
    Most important question is what they will market?
    If they manage to get enough fund to build up their infrastrucre like a modern club; they can also market that also. I mean if you take membership of a club paying a good sum (there are different such clubs) you can use their infrastrucre like -

games- Snooker, Squash
    gym
    hot/cold pool
    Party Hall/ Garden
    bowling alley
    etc
    This will attract industrialists important personalities towards club and a flow of revenue to club.

Now, if the clubs have their own stadium there will be revenue from selling tickets, parking fees, Advertisement etc

Selling of sports kits mementoes etc with club logo

Regular Camps in schools will serve dual purpose- marketing and scouting.

Programmes for fans

uploading of videos of matches for fans and supporting fan clubs in reality and in social networking sites

And most importantly -------Good attractive football-----

• Most important question is what they will market?
    If they manage to get enough fund to build up their infrastrucre like a modern club; they can also market that also. I mean if you take membership of a club paying a good sum (there are different such clubs) you can use their infrastrucre like -

games- Snooker, Squash
    gym
    hot/cold pool
    Party Hall/ Garden
    bowling alley
    etc
    This will attract industrialists important personalities towards club and a flow of revenue to club.

Now, if the clubs have their own stadium there will be revenue from selling tickets, parking fees, Advertisement etc

Selling of sports kits mementoes etc with club logo

Regular Camps in schools will serve dual purpose- marketing and scouting.

Programmes for fans

uploading of videos of matches for fans and supporting fan clubs in reality and in social networking sites

And most importantly -------Good attractive football-----

I think this should be done in phases so we get the maximum amount of marketing done but at a reasonable price.

1) Start a youtube channel and facebook along with twitter
    2) Camps a schools and other events
    3) Buy regional media space.
    4) Combine with other sports
    5) Merchandise
    6) Regional TV Contract
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Why its only about clubs,clubs and clubs what about AIFF,IMG-RIL ????

Just switch on the T.V guys you'll find WSH adverts on every channel,that's how you promote the game.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    We have to talk about both clubs and AIFF. Clubs are the ones who are responsible for quality of football. I agree that WSH has done excellent marketing. but when I go to watch the matches, its pathetic. Even the crowd is sparse. This is because the teams have done nothing to promote themselves and create a fan base
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    Agree with @somesh

Does the AIFF have to do everything. The only thing AIFF and IMG should do in terms of marketing is open up a Facebook, Twitter, and youtube. They should also sign a long term TV deal so we dont panic every year. And when they advertise I-League they should have the best I-League players in the commercial.
  • I as again looking at US Soccer news and when I was on this website I saw this story...
    http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=1855

It got me wondering why dont we do this. Why dont the I-League partner with ustream and stream EVERY SINGLE I-League match for the 2012-13 season LIVE on it.

Basically every game week have 2 games broadcasted live on TEN Action + (make them the games of the week) and have all the other matches streamed online on ustream. This will give us (the fans) a chance to look at potential Indian Internationals. It would also work in terms of marketing the league to new fans and potential fans OUTSIDE of India.

Also it would make the perfect way to make a youtube channel (ileague) in which we would post highlights of every match on youtube. Again it would let fans see all the games and build interest and also show corporates how much the league wants to build itself.

Also having the streams are not expensive. In fact it costs really nothing. All you need is 2 commentators, 1 main camera and a person who can edit the video after the game. Of course you would not get the luxury of replays of plays and all that and I dont think a scoreboard would be available but at least you get to see the games for free.

Just something to think about.