Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• Not now, we can't even run two divisions properly as it is. I don'[t think clubs which finish in lower positions in smaller leagues can afford to bear travel and accomodation expenses to take part in such a league.
  • That is why I divided it. I modeled it after the 4th Division of American Soccer (USL PDL, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_PDL ) in which they have 64 teams but separate them into smaller divisions. Then they make those teams ONLY PLAY teams in there division, thus reducing travel costs.

Also I agree this might not be good for now but it could be used in the near future.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    @arsenalfan and others, kindly use this thread to post all your general queries regarding future changes/expectations in Indian football. The idea is to minimize number of threads in order to keep it less cluttered
  • Kinda silly on my part considering I made this thread. Oops :P

Will keep that in mind.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    ORIGINALLY POSTED BY @arsenalfan
    I know I have done this before but I cant find it so I am reviving it. Basically just write down what your suggestion for what the Indian Football League system could look like for 2012-13 and when we hit our prime (2022).
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i am a big fan of this concept 'college football'..it gives these players a final chance of fulfilling their dream or else could still not be in bad state after missing it out as they will still be having some education in the hand
  • shankar wrote:
    i am a big fan of this concept 'college football'..it gives these players a final chance of fulfilling their dream or else could still not be in bad state after missing it out as they will still be having some education in the hand

Same, I was pondering whether drafting from the BC Roy Trophy would be better but after seeing the report by Nagaland about the illegal over aged players in the BC Roy Trophy I decided on College. At least we would know who is 18-21.
  • like the idea of college football as i saw in many hollywood movies & disney channel serials,
    we can get good crowd also as other students will come to cheer, rivalry between colleges,shine among girls, be a poster boy of that campus & an atmosphere of good colleges.

2 questions
    1. will any indian parent encourage their wards to participate ?
    "main wahaan tumko padhne ke liya bhja tha, apna future barbaad mat karo.."
    2. will teachers be supportive to the playing students?
    "yeh futbol, shutbol khelke kya kar loge? padhai karoge tho naukri milegi, nahin tho yahaan wahaan dhakke khaoge.."
  • like the idea of college football as i saw in many hollywood movies & disney channel serials,
    we can get good crowd also as other students will come to cheer, rivalry between colleges,shine among girls, be a poster boy of that campus & an atmosphere of good colleges.

2 questions
    1. will any indian parent encourage their wards to participate ?
    "main wahaan tumko padhne ke liya bhja tha, apna future barbaad mat karo.."
    2. will teachers be supportive to the playing students?
    "yeh futbol, shutbol khelke kya kar loge? padhai karoge tho naukri milegi, nahin tho yahaan wahaan dhakke khaoge.."

I think if this happens it would be a partnership between the Sports Authority of India and AIFF and I think they should come to the USA and come to the NCAA (college sports headquarters) and learn how it is done.