Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    The govt. Didn't utter a word in the more high profile IPL scam so I don't expect them to say anything here. Also PP and aunty are rumored to be very close to PM...so no chance
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    if all the pro i-league fans want a ban on everything from ISL, AIFF to lord robin it still will be 6k per city.
    atuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited October 2015
    Only FIFA or AFC can ask AIFF to stop ISL pushing Domestic Football in the corner. Government do not interfere.
    FIFA should look that
    1) why Federation Cup has been cancelled
    2) why clubs are unhappy as being sidelined
    3) why ISL Franchises are not following AFC Guidelines
    4)IMG-Reliance, which is conducting this league, is not an elected body as per the constitution of FIFA.

If FIFA or AFC are not asking these questions to AIFF, then they are not doing their job properly.
    Deb_BanarunAKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    FIFA should not be concerned about the Federation Cup, anyone who has any brain would see the format the cup was in was horrible anyway. The I-League and ISL will be given equal weight by FIFA and they should ask why there is 2 leagues and for a solution to be found soon or face sanctions which include at worse, suspension.

IMG-Reliance will not want their ISL tarnished with Indian football banned... that is the worst possible PR they could ever get.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Meanwhile, New Zealand will undergo a brand new league themselves for 2018-19 which shall include a mixture of the best ASB Premiership teams and some other winter teams... perhaps a potential model or influence for the future of Indian football?

deepakc
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    AIFF deserves a ban for a few years. I hope they do get banned, enough shame has been bought upon!
    Deb_BanAKB
    Are u sure about enough shame? Kaushal das is highly impressed by the major improvement after #ISL. Loss to Nepal, Bangladesh, guam, Palestine are just minor stumbles on the road to #IMG heaven.
    AKBSoham_De
    On a side note, it would be interesting to have an article on reactions by #AIFF bosses on each of these losses...just a compilation for posterity.
    R the teams following club licencing rules? Are all of them owned by one person (preferably with a Deep concern for introducing underprivileged kids to football)? Is the private body owning the league in any way answerable to the NFF/ NZ govt?
    If the answer to any one of the above is yes then dude this is irrelevant to indian football...seriously lol we have a unique model in the world already, where the national body also doubles up as a Pvt business entity ...why change it?
    munna219777Deb_BanSoham_De