Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    2006 world cup Final was the first match of football I had ever watched .

My suggestions

Division 1
    16/20 Teams
    League + Cup , Full season ( 6:5 for atleast 10 years , When level of Indian players improve reverse the ratio )

Division 2
    16/20 Teams ( Only Indian Players , Best players will be loaned or Sold to D1 teams )
    League + Cup , Full Season

Division 3
    16/20 U19 Teams of the D1 sides ( or simple B teams of Division 1 )
    League + Cup , Full season .

DXatuljg
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Ur day dreaming...please have some strong coffee and then talk to any #ISL/#IMG bhakt and be prepared to be ridiculed.....all this is unnecessary xtra cost for Nita & she has a business torun
    goalkeeparmunna219777Soham_De
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    She has black money to turn white.
    munna219777Soham_De
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Suggestion for U-17 World Cup players after 2017 world cup..

Just going through FIFA rankings in Europe and checked few countries/clubs..

These players should try in below leagues ( Initially can start with Youth/Reserve).. Not sure if they have proper youth or reserve league... but better than rotting bench for I League or ISL teams...

Finland (Avg ranking : 55/ current : 64)
    Belarus (Avg ranking : 84)
    Georgia (Avg ranking : 88)
    Azerbaijan(Avg ranking : 116 )
    Kazakhstan (Avg ranking : 130)
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    If they really wanted to improve their levels even African leagues like Ghana are of a high standard....I would even recommend j league 2/3
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Too much mud slinging in most of the threads. This IMGR virus has divided this forum vertically top down. Now just to cool some frayed nerves and divert attentions (and to be constructive as well), here's my two penny for formation of a unified league:
    • Most contentious issue is ownership of the league. It should not be owned by AIFF or IMGR. Both should relinquish their rights for a board of the Clubs' representatives.
    • From I-league side: let's forget the AFC criteria etc and select six most-supported teams on hard facts of average attendance. Those probably would be: MB, EB, BFC, RWFC, SLFC, Aizawl FC. I am not taking any Goan clubs because that will have to be dealt specially.
    • From ISL side: select six best managed clubs. Those would be: ADK, Chennaiyin, FC Goa, Pune City FC, Mum City FC, NEUFC.
    • Start a 12-team league rightaway and gradually get the differences sorted out as they keep on playing. That is, I-league clubs have pro management, sponsors and the works; ISL clubs complying to AFC and other norms. This should be overviewed by a high-powered committee set up by the clubs themselves and have clear horizon years.
    •  For location of clubs, there should be some pre-formed rules: max 3 from large states (Maha, UP, MP, Raj, take NE as a state here) 2 from medium states (WB, Goa, Kerala, TN, Karnataka), 1 from small states. Not more than 2 teams from a city. These to be enforced strictly.
    • Have a pre-determined list of city-preferences for expansion (say in this order: Hyd>Delhi>Chandigarh>Nagpur>so on). Work something out to increase more Goan clubs, and contain NE clubs.
    • Eventually have a 16-18 team league within a practicable time frame. A second division with the remaining clubs of both the leagues plus some more can also be formed but with no promotion to Div I, at least for the first 5 years.

In my view, this is achievable (clubs form both the leagues can change, so can the city preferences; but have to be based on some analyses), but the trickiest part will be the ownership issues, of the leagues' as well as the clubs'.

Now, brickbats time!

atuljgSoham_Defootydipmunna219777
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited November 2015
    So you choose to omit a Club from Kerala and entertain 3 from your pet city, 2 from a tiny town called Shillong, and an even smaller town called Aizawl. It's a disgrace!

Goa is the smallest state, not a medium sized one.
    Soham_DeArsenalFan700kartik91
    edited November 2015
    Lack of representation is exactly why I hate Kolkatta - Shillong - Aizawl - Bengaluru league.

Thankfully people of Goa and Maharashtra have also abandoned that league.
    DX
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Come on, shed the hatred. Mine is just a probable list. you suggest your teams, I do not have any problem. At the outset I had said the clubs/ cities may vary, what matters is the methodology, the way out of this quagmire.

I omitted KBFC because of the management problems they are having; I know Kerala deserves a team in the league (in fact, they deserve at least two: one each from North and South). So does Goa.

I don't know how to solve the ADK problem: they are one of the best managed clubs in ISL, hard to omit them. And I have inserted a clause to contain the invasion of NE clubs as well.
    atuljggoalkeeparkartik91
    edited November 2015
    Kerala Blasters can't be omitted as the people have accepted the club. The management will change and PVP are already on the way out.

As for Sachin, he's on sweat equity for 5 years. So, after 5 years he'll sell a significant share that he holds to hopefully a better management with deep pockets.
    Deb_BanSoham_De