Other Sports

Comments

• ashindia wrote:
    Hyderabad the worst city for sports,before we atleast used to do well in cricket now we are all rounders(ZERO in everything) =D>

No Football Association which means no clubs can register under AIFF tournament nor can any player represent India and sign club and play in AIFF registered tournament.

Hockey too is a game of beggars,no facilities no tournaments so nothing for it in Hyderabad.

For cricket there is everything but still they are shittest of lot in India.

Like @Shankar said. You guys got Hyderabad Globe FC. If they make a good success then I am sure things will get better.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Nimbus Sport likely to raise Rs 50 crore from WSH

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_nimbus-sport-likely-to-raise-rs-50-cr-from-wsh_1660965

great news for growing interest in indian hockey should make them a good challenging sport to cricket in next few years

when can we expect such league and news for indian football?? 8->
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    shankar wrote:

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_nimbus-sport-likely-to-raise-rs-50-cr-from-wsh_1660965

great news for growing interest in indian hockey should make them a good challenging sport to cricket in next few years

Good news for Hockey,hope they do well in Olympics and continue growing.

As for Football I'm not satisfied with AIFF-IMG Reliance also few clubs have really disappointed me.

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    shankar wrote:

Somehow I am having a gut feeling it is around the corner. 2012 is going to change the face of Indian football.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Somehow I am having a gut feeling it is around the corner. 2012 is going to change the face of Indian football.

Every year we keep saying that isn't it ??

IMG-RIL signed a deal and that was supposed to change but did anything happened ??
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I am not talking about initiative from IMG - RIL, but the way clubs have stand up from themselves I think they are going to make or break it. Secondly, if supposed bid for 2017 u-17 world cup is successful, it might gather some media attention and more fans. Thirdly, the fifa-aiff academies, NPL, Maha league, etc. though they are small steps, but will materialize by end of 2012.
    That's the reason I am having the feeling.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    I am not talking about initiative from IMG - RIL, but the way clubs have stand up from themselves I think they are going to make or break it. Secondly, if supposed bid for 2017 u-17 world cup is successful, it might gather some media attention and more fans. Thirdly, the fifa-aiff academies, NPL, Maha league, etc. though they are small steps, but will materialize by end of 2012.
    That's the reason I am having the feeling.

ya there had been many initiatives from different state associations and clubs even corporates like g-group coming with their academies are some of the few steps good eough to keep our hope and dream alive to expect a better coming years for indian football
  • The league will never get better. It will be 16 teams with promotion relegation and we will see the AMAZING teams in the league like ONGC and Bank of Hyderabad all because for some reason PERFORMANCE COUNTS MORE THAN STABILITY!!!!!
  • Hyundai Sonata tie-up with Indian Polo Association

Commenting on the polo tournament, Mr. Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing and Sales, HMIL said, “We are delighted to associate with the Indian Polo Association for the Hyundai Sonata Ambassadors Cup 2012. The Sonata is a premium offering from Hyundai, tie-up with the Indian Polo Association that promotes a fine sport like polo provides a great match for both the Sonata and polo.”

Giving company to the impressive Sonata at the venue was the luxury SUV Santa Fe and segment leader Verna. Also present were the international three-door Veloster and the yet-to-be-launched Elantra in the executive segment.

Besides the Hyundai Sonata team the five other teams that competed in the tournament were Jindal Steel and Power, Vayamtech, Hyatt Regency, Black Dog and Sahgal Stud/APRC. The final match on a Sunday afternoon drew a large number of polo enthusiasts to the venue. The impressive tunes from the army band stationed at the grounds lent an air of grandeur to the event.

Like HMIL’s recent cars the Sonata too is crafted on the principles of ‘Fluidic Sculpture’, where contrasting surfaces create a sense of constant motion. This sixth generation Sonata has interesting features like front and rear seat ventilation, front seat warmers, high intensity Xenon head lamps, cruise control, paddle shift, 10-way adjustable power seat with lumbar support and a 4-way power adjustable front co-driver seat.

The Sonata is equipped with 6 airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake force distribution (EBD), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), rear view camera and smart key with push button start apart from a host of features that enhances the driving experience like the VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) cluster and a X-shaped centre fascia. The super-efficient 2.4 liter GDi petrol engine is mated to 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmissions. GDi technology results in enhanced performance and fuel efficiency as the high pressure fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber. The engineering excellence is extended to the suspensions by way of having hi-tech ASD (Amplitude Selective Damper) resulting into improved driving comfort.

About HMIL

Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is the largest passenger car exporter and the second largest car manufacturer in India. It currently markets eight passenger car models across segments - in the A2 segment it has the Eon, Santro, i10 and the i20, in the A3 segment the Accent and the Verna, in the A5 segment Sonata and in the SUV segment the Santa Fe.

HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts of advanced production, quality and testing capabilities. HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub, it touched 1 million in exports in about 10 years from starting operations in 1998. It currently exports to more than 120 countries across EU, Africa, Middle East, Latin America and the Asia Pacific. HMIL has been India’s number one exporter for six years in a row. To cater to rising demand the company commissioned its second plant in February 2008 having an installed capacity of 330,000 units per annum. To support its growth and expansion plans HMIL currently has 341 dealers and 788 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, HMIL set up a modern multi-million dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D centre endeavors to be a center of excellence in automobile engineering.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Are you kidding me. The AIFF and IMG cant even get 1 sponsor yet the Polo Association can get a big sponsor. WTF!
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    atleast with all talent academies maybe talent pool will increase