AFC Champions League 2nd Playoff : Shandong Luneng Taishan F.C. vs Mohun Bagan A.C.

goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
I-league Champions Mohun Bagan faces Chinese Shandong Luneng Taishan in ACL round 2 playoff to qualify for ACL group stage. the Mariners defeated Tampanes Rovers of Singapore 3-1 to advance to round 2. They face one of best Chinese team in CSL the cash rich club may find this match a easy one as the Bagan squad will be handicapped as the Evil org called AIFF have not changed there I-league fixture which is 1 day before this match. most of the players will be tired and will play Shandong in less then 18 hours with most of the time spend in travelling also some players will miss the match because of visa problems. and the extreme temperature change from 38°c to 0°c in few hours with no time to Climatize will be a factors and a weak defense with a 36 year old braziling and a LB Debnath as CB will not help against strike force of Tordelli and Walter. scoring goals with a hit and miss striker against a formidable defense will be a task. still I hope they give a good fight. my prediction Shandong Luneng Taishan F.C. 3-0 Mohun Bagan A.C.
Nagendrakuldeep007reddevil87Deb_Banatuljgdebarghya89deepakcmunna219777namewtheld

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Good, balanced, and emotion free preview. I will go with the prediction, too.

I believe SLT is the third positioned team in CSL, isn't it.
    munna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I am more inclined to 4-1 prediction to SLT.

MB defense is very poor but the attack is really good. If Glen does not miss simple chances, MB has a strong possibility to score. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Nice preview....

Sad that AIFF have not helped Mohun Bagan with the scheduling. ...

That said why didn't they complain when the draw was made....we all knew they would easily beat Tampons Rovers ...especially at Home..
    INDIA Teams have dominated Singapore teams in recent past.

Shandong Luneng are too strong. .and they should be 3 nil up by half time. 
    The weather , travel and frequency of games will be a major factor against MMB.

munna219777
  • Glen will not score unless Sony sets him  up for a sitter like the last match..He's got class but he's too slow for these matches...Though my biggest concern will be about Luciano
    gaffertapereddevil87Deb_Ban
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    If we can contain SLT to less than 2-0, I guess MB will have made a major point.

Till our domestic calendar falls in place, no Indian club is likely to be competitive in Asia (which means we can forget qualifying for ACL and beyond 2nd round of AFC cup for next 5 years).

We are going to have a packed 1st half of year, so Asia will remain a place to try bench players by coaches. In 2nd half most clubs will not have access to their top talent due to the reality show.

Dempo's semifinal appearance in AFC cup is unlikely to be repeated this decade.

This year I fancy both MB and BFC to get through group stages in AFC but with no players available, they will be thrashed in knockout rounds (by the same Honk Kong/Singapore sides), while Kaushal will keep telling the media how he is proud of the extra investment in Indian football , without a hint of irony.
    reddevil87Deb_Banmunna219777gaffertape
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @deepakc ; In this decade only in 2013, East Bengal reached Semi-Finals of AFC Cup.
    deepakcrudrasamiam
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Thanks @munna21977 ..i meant it won't happen again in this decade I am waiting for Rohan to comment that the 12 Messis being groomed by Reliance young champions , selected after a meticulous search in a 2 km radius of kids who showed up for a trial and who looked sufficiently poor (who have been soundly thrashed by any and every local side they have played) is the group of messiah which will resurrect indian football after ten years Till then as Kaushal Das says there is no point in Aiff having regional academies or even a national youth team (u 17 wc guys are the last batch) as the reality show has ensured India is grooming world champions already
    munna219777goalkeeparashindia
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Pritam Kotal is not fit ? he is not going to china 
  • Kotal axed from the team because of wretched performance!
    reddevil87
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Kotal can do with some rest.

It's good that Sen is taking Prabir Das along -- he impressed as sub in the Tampines match.