Discipline in Indian Football

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
This has been a big issue in Indian football lately.

Players not keeping fit, no proper temper, racism, food, etc

How do we fix this though?

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    pfai has to become more strict
  • archak wrote:
    pfai has to become more strict

I agree. I am honestly starting to think about there role in Indian Football. They say they want to help out the players and all with there objectives. Listed here...
    http://www.fpaofindia.com/about.php

But if you look at there facebook all you see is posts saying happy birthday and pictures and in the news you hear nothing from them.

Obviously stricter measures need to be done and I think that the Football Players Association of India should relocate to Delhi and operate there in the same building as the AIFF so when important meetings are held between the Federation and FPAI then both associations can have there say in person easily.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    when it was started most of us in the forum were happy but has now become quite angry upon them for their in activity
  • archak wrote:
    when it was started most of us in the forum were happy but has now become quite angry upon them for their in activity

I wonder if behind the scenes they are working hard to help the discipline in Indian football but of course all there decisions have to be approved by the national body (AIFF) and for some idiotic reason AIFF is rejecting everything FPAI is saying.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    the clubs inability to produce their own talents via scouting or academies are one of the major reason behind this lack of discipline among the players....because these players know that they would be picked by some or the other club once they prove that they can kick the ball well in the top division as these clubs dont have any resource from where they could get replacement for these poor disciplined players....

the day these clubs get a bigger pool of talents these players would be forced to behave in better manner both on and off the field as they would also be having the pressure of being replaced by some other if not good enough and would not be easy to find other place unless they are exceptionally good
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    shankar wrote:
    the clubs inability to produce their own talents via scouting or academies are one of the major reason behind this lack of discipline among the players....because these players know that they would be picked by some or the other club once they prove that they can kick the ball well in the top division as these clubs dont have any resource from where they could get replacement for these poor disciplined players....

the day these clubs get a bigger pool of talents these players would be forced to behave in better manner both on and off the field as they would also be having the pressure of being replaced by some other if not good enough and would not be easy to find other place unless they are exceptionally good

I hope the situation would be better with new AIFF-FIFA academies coming into picture. There would be continuous pool of talent ie 120 - 150 odd players coming up each year. Also with existing academies(like TFA, etc.) each year there would be atleast 150-200 odd players coming up, which might really bring professionalism in Indian football.
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    shankar wrote:

I hope the situation would be better with new AIFF-FIFA academies coming into picture. There would be continuous pool of talent ie 120 - 150 odd players coming up each year. Also with existing academies(like TFA, etc.) each year there would be atleast 150-200 odd players coming up, which might really bring professionalism in Indian football.

Well thinking about what gaffertape said about the TFA Academy I do think that TFA dont really help. Most of the players in I-League come from TFA and yet we still see horrible behavior with them.

I hope that the AIFF-FIFA Academy follows an Arsenal Academy, Barcelona Academy, IMG Academy style in which the players are given education, great facilities and football classes and of course food and all this while also making them to learn on there own. Basically this....

1) Education in Math, English, Science, History and other course of choice (each class being 1 hour long)

2) Facilities are good. They need two fields (1 of which should actually be good), 1 indoor workout gym with pool to relax the muscles, and also a little basketball court sized cement area for other sporting activities for the players.

3) Good hostile. Have 4 players per room. Each room should have 4 beds, 1 TV and 4 shelves for the players. There should be a curfew of 11 pm (10 pm the night before friendlies) and they should wake up around 6 am.

4) Football Classes: To learn about the importance of stretching, to learn how to stay fit during the season and to learn what to eat and not to eat and to learn how to deal with all coaches.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:

Well thinking about what gaffertape said about the TFA Academy I do think that TFA dont really help. Most of the players in I-League come from TFA and yet we still see horrible behavior with them.

I hope that the AIFF-FIFA Academy follows an Arsenal Academy, Barcelona Academy, IMG Academy style in which the players are given education, great facilities and football classes and of course food and all this while also making them to learn on there own. Basically this....

1) Education in Math, English, Science, History and other course of choice (each class being 1 hour long)

2) Facilities are good. They need two fields (1 of which should actually be good), 1 indoor workout gym with pool to relax the muscles, and also a little basketball court sized cement area for other sporting activities for the players.

3) Good hostile. Have 4 players per room. Each room should have 4 beds, 1 TV and 4 shelves for the players. There should be a curfew of 11 pm (10 pm the night before friendlies) and they should wake up around 6 am.

4) Football Classes: To learn about the importance of stretching, to learn how to stay fit during the season and to learn what to eat and not to eat and to learn how to deal with all coaches.

All these things should be made avialble and compulsory for all those youth who gonna be hired by these academies and it may definitely make them much better footballer and truly a modern footballer who takes care of himself and get himself fit and available for his team when is taken by one of our top club
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

All these things should be made avialble and compulsory for all those youth who gonna be hired by these academies and it may definitely make them much better footballer and truly a modern footballer who takes care of himself and get himself fit and available for his team when is taken by one of our top club

yep, considering these guys will be the best youngsters in India they might as well have the best treatment possible that the AIFF can give them.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font size="4">True story</font><div><font size="4"><br></font></div><div><font size="2">a player from a I League club didn't play a match for his club. The coach said that he is ill! Don't know whether the coach made it up or he was informed such. 2 days later, we found him in another far off city signing for a new club.</font></div><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><font size="2">Professionalism!!!</font></div>