AIFF-FIFA Academies

Comments

• Admin wrote:
    Sailesh Karkera tweets
    <i>39 days before the AIFF Development Academy kicks off in Mumbai. Currently in the final leg of construction at Fr. Agnel's. </i>

This is getting amazing. Cant wait. I wonder how Mumbai FC will work with them as well.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sailesh karkera is the best man for this job...he was the one who made the website footballmumbai.com and its fb page and kept updating about all local league football results from school level tournaments of all age groups to MFl all divisions from fixtures to match results and scorers,....when we get trouble in getting the result of 2nd div i-league sometimes..
    this guy can bring good professional environment in the regional academy in mumbai....
  • shankar wrote:
    sailesh karkera is the best man for this job...he was the one who made the website footballmumbai.com and its fb page and kept updating about all local league football results from school level tournaments of all age groups to MFl all divisions from fixtures to match results and scorers,....when we get trouble in getting the result of 2nd div i-league sometimes..
    this guy can bring good professional environment in the regional academy in mumbai....

Lets hope then. Does he have prior coaching experience though?
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

He's pursuing referee course
  • ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

He's pursuing referee course

Thats good. He could then teach the kids about disciplined in games
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

he does possess a FA Level 2 Coaching License ..as he told me when i last chatted with him online and he also does some coaching for a lower division team of MFL ..
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    I remember reading ,him getting a football coaching at a,school in Mumbai
    http://www.arunfoot.blogspot.de/2012/03/soccerex-india-workshop-speaks-about.html?m=1

4 more academies in mid 2013 that means a total of 9 fifa approved acadamies by 2013.
  • shankar wrote:
    http://www.arunfoot.blogspot.de/2012/03/soccerex-india-workshop-speaks-about.html?m=1

4 more academies in mid 2013 that means a total of 9 fifa approved acadamies by 2013.

Which means a huge pool of players to select for the U17 World Cup in 2017. These 14 years olds should be 17-18 by that time (technically still eligible for the Cup if they were below 17 during the qualifiers). And then when 2022 comes around they will be 24-25 year olds and beating the top teams.

The future looks bright.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Which means a huge pool of players to select for the U17 World Cup in 2017. These 14 years olds should be 17-18 by that time (technically still eligible for the Cup if they were below 17 during the qualifiers). And then when 2022 comes around they will be 24-25 year olds and beating the top teams.

The future looks bright.

and also i wish out of these next 4 academies at least there should be 2 centers in NE as it would be helpful for the game over there along with 1 each for south and north(i would like not see any academies coming in goa since their clubs also have good youth system for them and most of good talents are properly utilised )
    preferably all remaining academies shall come in state where there is no i-league clubs