Club Rankings

I think we should start a club ranking mechanism for all clubs involved in I-league from next season and maybe ISL,
They do these kind of rankings in us college sports or even professional level.
we can select few members from our team or leave it as poll for few hours every week after the round finishes  and  we can rank them .
I think it will be a fun game ,who knows if it picks main stream media  then it will be good.

BrainFallINDIADeb_BanNagendraArsenalFan700

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    yah.. nice idea... poll alone will not work.. and also it's not good to decide rank based on few members..

Results should be given top priority... Including domestic and AFC competition ... followed with polls, youth development and results... not to forgot marketing and match attendance...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    How would this work?
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    this is time consuming... lot of passion required.. but this is possible..

First admins can start with adding Club Rankings section in menu.. Ideas/suggestions will follow...
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Club ranking should be on performances, infrastructure and attendance. All can be computed and evaluated against base figures.

There are no scopes for polling. In that case, it would be like 'X' club is top because it got maximum facebook likes.
    NagendraAKBreddevil87
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    no infra structure requirements,just based on round from 1 to 10.like this
    http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited May 2016
    Infra structure requirement may not be ideal as almost all the Clubs will have nothing significant to be gauged.
    It can be I-League & Fed Cup results, attendance per home match, AFC results & also number of Cards given to the players of the team.

Say
    I-League: Each Win 10 points, Each Away Draw 5 p, Each Home Draw 3 p, Each Loss 0 p & Winner 100p, Runners' up 40 p
    Federation Cup: Each Win (if the competition is like this year) 10p, Each Away Draw 5p, Each Home Draw 3 p, EACH Loss 0 p, Title 60p, Runners' up 35 p
    AFC Cup: Each Win 20 p, Each Away Draw 10 p, Each Home Draw 5 p, Each Loss 0 p
    Domestic matches Yellow Card: -2 p
    Domestic Double Yellow Card: -5 p
    Domestic Straight Red Card: -6 p
    AFC matches Yellow Card: - 3 p
    AFC matches Double Yellow Card: -7 p
    AFC Staight Red Card: - 10 p

Attendance in a home match will also be a hazy affair as we don't have turnstiles in our I-League, Fed Cup & home AFC matches. The figure published by AIFF is vague. Just an example.....in the Mohun Bagan v Lajong Fed Cup SF match at Barasat, I suddenly heard in the PA system that "today's crowd figure is 11,380 or 12, 380...something like that). How they could count as there was no counting of the members, so attendance criteria can be given a deep thought.

Guys we can debate & try to decide on the best point system.

Deb_Ban
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points

Ranking should be purely based on performance similar to FIFA ranking for countries. That would be much lighter and better for us to gauge and do.

Infrastructure/attendance and all other stuffs is much more difficult and requires more of a professional approach which we cannot give.

Ranking should be based on past 4 years performance with slow decrease in weightage with matches played in longer run.. Weightage can be decided on the type of league/tournament..

like I-league - weightage - 1.5, Fed Cup-1 , other tournaments..

also points should be relative..i.e if a lower ranked club defeats one which is higher ranked, it should be accounted..

I believe the best structure is still the FIFA rankings. Much easier and better

reddevil87
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    see we should practice these rankings.Since BFC won the league,they would be my number 1 for the end of the season rankings regarding the  I-League
    1)BFC
    2)MB
    3)KEB
    we can further expand it to top5 or all the way  to include all clubs in i-league
    Nagendra