UEFA Champions League - 2011/12

Comments

• we all know CITY FANS= ARSENAL(not all bt many hv changed sides due 2 constant failure of wenger)+ CHELSEA FANS

True. The thing I love about gloryhunters is that here in America before Spurs made the UCL there were so Spurs fans here but then they qualify and somehow I cant go on an American Soccer website and not see "As a Spurs fan..."

Sheesh.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2012/03/26/2991985/who-are-real-madrids-opponents-in-the-cl-quarterfinals-all
    APOEL the team who stood out in this years champions league (according to me)...
    the team whose CL matches i been following since their entry to final 16,since my interest to follow underdogs yet impressive teams in every tournaments i follow
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    If you remove all foreigners from APOEL they are as shit as cow dung 3:-O
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:

Arey yaar.. u are concerned about foreigners even in champions league clubs!!!! Who cares if they have foreigners or not.... just enjoying that a 'lowly' club have reached this stage

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited March 2012
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Arey yaar.. u are concerned about foreigners even in champions league clubs!!!! Who cares if they have foreigners or not.... just enjoying that a 'lowly' club have reached this stage

But that's the truth here,UEFA rules are certainly a big benefit to clubs where they are allowed to include so many foreigners. /:)

If AFC had such rules,even Mohun Bagan or Dempo can reach ACL Quarters by including 7-8 foreigners. :P

Good job by the coach to be frank he's doing excellent. =D>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <b>'Lesson for India in APOEL success'</b>
    Among other things, Stephen Constantine feels there is a lesson for India in Apoel Nicosia's fairytale run that has taken the Cyprus club to the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League. "If a country that is smaller than most states in India can achieve so much, what is that we are
    doing wrong in India is a question that needs to be asked," Constantine, 49, who was India coach from 2002-05, during which India won the LG Cup and were runners-up in the only Afro-Asian Games, told HT in an e-mail.

"I had said many, many times that the potential is there in India if only you would concentrate on the good of the game. I had suggested that we have a system where state leagues would act as qualifiers for the national league, somewhat like it is in Brazil. That way most states would have an incentive to organise their football and hold leagues."

The Anglo-Cypriot and Fifa coaches' instructor now helms Nea Salamina FC, a first division club in Cyprus who beat APOEL 1-0 in the domestic league this season.

Constantine said Cypriots are hoping their team won't get destroyed in the two-leg quarter-final like FC Basel and Bayer Leverkusen one round earlier.

"Not too many are thinking of victory. People here would be happy if the scores are close on Tuesday," he said. The Nicosia derby between APOEL and Omonia Nicosia on Friday ended 0-0, "but you could tell their (APOEL) minds were on the Real game."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/sports-news/Football/Lesson-for-India-in-APOEL-success/Article1-831255.aspx
  • ac milan v/s barcelona @ san siro today

my predixn 0-2
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Thats an unfair prediction. ACM helf dem 2-2 at home..evn away game they lost only 2-3
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ac milan v/s barcelona @ san siro today

my predixn 0-2
    it is milan who had been a tournament favourite from the start i would see a home win for milan....in worst case a draw