SANTOSH TROPHY 2012

AdminAdmin 240 Points
Santosh Trophy 2012 will not be an U23 affair. The seniors can play except for the I-league regulars.
The tournament will be held in Cuttack, Odisha from 11th to 27th May.
http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2012/03/25/santosh-trophy-2012-will-not-be-an-u23-affair/

Comments

• Admin wrote:
    Santosh Trophy 2012 will not be an U23 affair. The seniors can play except for the I-league regulars.
    http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2012/03/25/santosh-trophy-2012-will-not-be-an-u23-affair/

your kidding right. The state associations are such shit heads. Why use seniors who are has-beens when you could unearth the next big u23 star. I rather AIFF just scrap this shit cup. Its useless and really has no rewards.

Instead of AIFF funding this shit why dont they work on spending money on a good CLUB U19 league. That would work so much better short and long term for Indian football.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Admin wrote:

your kidding right. The state associations are such shit heads. Why use seniors who are has-beens when you could unearth the next big u23 star. I rather AIFF just scrap this shit cup. Its useless and really has no rewards.

Instead of AIFF funding this shit why dont they work on spending money on a good CLUB U19 league. That would work so much better short and long term for Indian football.

True that ...but the main trouble is that not all part of player get his share of chances to prove his talent to get to top league may be this tournament just help him get that crucial breakthrough for his football career but still u-23 would always be best choice....
  • kerala vs bengal my dream final
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited March 2012
    NO ANDHRA PRADESH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE AIFF AND GREEDY X FOOTBALLERS OF HYDERABAD
  • @Shankar isnt that what the BC Roy Trophy and CocaCola U16 Cup is for. If your a player and you dont get scouted in either competition then you are done.
    ashindia wrote:
    NO ANDHRA PRADESH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE AIFF AND GREEDY X FOOTBALLERS OF HYDERABAD
    dont blame aiff for exclusion of A.P as they made it clear that A.p wont get national recognition till they solve their internal problems ..
    but still it is also affecting nation to get some good talents from the state as well

arsenalfan wrote:
    @Shankar isnt that what the BC Roy Trophy and CocaCola U16 Cup is for. If your a player and you dont get scouted in either competition then you are done.

not everyone start their football career at young age in india that is the reason why you need it to be u-23 at least....but still i dont like the idea of state associations to go for these 23+ players though
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    dont blame aiff for exclusion of A.P as they made it clear that A.p wont get national recognition till they solve their internal problems ..
    but still it is also affecting nation to get some good talents from the state as well

It is duty of AIFF to resolve all these issue as they are the chief body for football in India.They have been promising(Mr Vishwanath appointed by AIFF has done nothing till date after all his false promises) to solve the issue since past 2-3 years but what have they done ???

2 years back we atleast used have a semi-pro state division league but even that has disappeared but AIFF still can't do anything to help the state.Football is officially dead here thanks to these stupid people.

Even the team Quartz FC was actually supposed be the club from Hyderabad playing in 2nd Division but unfortunately they had to register with Kerala FA and shift their base but still with Hyderabad based players.
  • ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

It is duty of AIFF to resolve all these issue as they are the chief body for football in India.They have been promising(Mr Vishwanath appointed by AIFF has done nothing till date after all his false promises) to solve the issue since past 2-3 years but what have they done ???

2 years back we atleast used have a semi-pro state division league but even that has disappeared but AIFF still can't do anything to help the state.Football is officially dead here thanks to these stupid people.

Even the team Quartz FC was actually supposed be the club from Hyderabad playing in 2nd Division but unfortunately they had to register with Kerala FA and shift their base but still with Hyderabad based players.

NEVER FEAR! HYDERABAD STATE BANK FC WILL LEAD YOU ALL TO GLORY!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    branco plays in bengal aint he supposed to play in bengal???? i thought that was the rule..... now i am confused.... :-(