IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

silicon3silicon3 351 Points
Guys..I understand that the AIFF- IMG will be meeting on April 20th.. DO you think below points be addressed

Making the I-league a Seperate Legal Entity run by the I-league clubs
Sharing any Revenue generated by d I-league with d clubs ( 700 crore -15year deal)

Comments

• Okay I will start. For the 2012-13 season.

10 Teams:
    1) Mohun Bagan AC
    2) East Bengal FC
    3) Pune FC
    4) Mumbai FC
    5) Shillong Lajong FC
    6) United Sikkim FC
    7) Royal Wahingdoh FC
    8) Dempo SC
    9) Sporting Goa
    10) Prayag United SC

There should be a 30-man roster.
    - 15 of the players must be born AFTER January 1, 1991.
    - Only allowed to have 4 foreigners.
    - 3 of which can be on the field
    - 1 MUST be an Asian player
    - 1 MUST be on Indian origin
    - The starting eleven must contain at least 5 u21 players.
    - Each team must have 18 men on the match day (11 starters, 7 subs)

The will be a salary cap of 2.5 crores.
    - When the salaries of every footballer on the team is added the number can not go over 2.5 crores
    - All rookies and sophomores (player who only has 1 year experience) can not have a salary over 1.75 lakhs.
    - Only 3 players do not count towards the salary cap. This shall be called the "icon player" rule.
    - ALL TRANSFERS AND CONTRACT DEALS SHOULD BE APPROVED BY THE AIFF.

Each team MUST have a u19 team.
    - After being in the league for 3 years the team must have an Academy for u19 and u17 levels.
    - Each team must also conduct at least 1 week camps for youngsters aged 10-14 (again must be done by the third year in the league.

Marketing wise, TEN Action should telecast 2 games nationwide per match week.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should negotiate with local news channels and get regional television coverage as well. So every game will be seen, just not all of them nationally.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should have a website (modern one) which is updated daily.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should have a youtube and facebook after 1 year in the I-League at least.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should sell jerseys, hats, shirts, shorts, and other things within 1 year of being in the I-League.
    - Community activities are a MUST

FIFA International breaks will be followed.

A new tournament called the AIFF Cup should be started in which top state clubs and national clubs are invited.

The 2nd Division should be folded and we should just focus on expansion. No separate conferences, just a straight table.

In terms of expansion. It should occur every 3-5 years. The cities we should expand to or try to expand to... Bangalore, Kerala, Chennai, Hyderabad, Aizawl, Nagaland, Delhi, Nagpur, Punjab, Lucknow or Jamshedpur.

Notice how I did not say all this should be done immediately but instead given deadlines of 1 year to 3 years. This system should also be reviewed every 2 years.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited April 2012
    it should be a 25 man roster and 1.75 lakh salary cap is too low bro for rookies. AIFF should buy out the rights of Durand Cup and then restructure it. It should work as the AIFF Cup. Durand Cup being one of the oldest tournaments in India, the legacy it carries should continue with the current developments of India
  • archak wrote:
    it should be a 25 man roster and 1.75 lakh salary cap is too low bro for rookies

These are Indian rookies. They are worth nothing in there rookie season. And also I said this is a 2 year salary agreement. Maybe when the deal is looked at again you can increase the salary from 1.75 lakh to whatever. And yes that is 1.75 lakh for the whole season.
    check the edit of the above post. plus would this not demotivate the youngsters @arsenalfan??
  • I would love if the AIFF brought the Durand Cup. It is so easy to market. One of the oldest football cups in the world behind the FA Cup and Scottish FA Cup. Man that history would be loved by the Indian audience.

Also only a select number of state leagues should be allowed in the cup.
    Assam State Premier League
    1) Delhi Senior Division
    2) Goa Professional League
    3) Bangalore Super Division
    4) Manipur State League
    5) Nagaland Premier League
    6) Calcutta Football League

Should be allowed as those are the only true state leagues in India at the moment. (Bangalore League maybe not)

Anyway what do you think the maximum salary for rooks and sophs be? Maybe I did go to low. :)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Sorry guys was too lazy to write on my own so did some editing of @arsenalfan post (:|

For the 2012-13 season.
    i dont see the no teams getting reduced at least if not increasing...so i would say a 12-14 team league is a realistic possibility as the meeting is with clubs and no one would like to see themselves in lower division

OF 30-man roster.
    12- 15 of the players must be born AFTER January 1, 1991.(this shall be good)
    i would go for 3 foreigners with 2 on field
    - The starting eleven must contain at least 5 u21 players.(5 would be a too much of ask,...i would say 3 or 4 u-21 players as this will mean there will be better option for those who want to make career in football as well)
    - Each team must have 18 men on the match day (11 starters, 7 subs)- this could be a nice decision

The will be a salary cap of 2.5 crores.(make it 3.5 along with only 2 icon player status of )

Each team MUST have a u19 team.
    - After being in the league for 3 years the team must have an Academy for u19 and u17 levels.(should be included..it is a good point)
    - Each team must also conduct at least 1 week camps for youngsters aged 10-14 (again must be done by the third year in the league.(the thing which is missing in indian grassroot level is such leagues for children we definitely need these league )

Marketing wise, TEN Action should telecast 2 games nationwide per match week.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should negotiate with local news channels and get regional television coverage as well. So every game will be seen, just not all of them nationally.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should have a website (modern one) which is updated daily.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should have a youtube and facebook after 1 year in the I-League at least.
    - All 10 I-League clubs should sell jerseys, hats, shirts, shorts, and other things within 1 year of being in the I-League.
    - Community activities are a MUST
    (overall commercialization related points are excellent and should be mandatory for all clubs and also to federation)

FIFA International breaks will be followed.(we desperately need our fed to follow this calender)

A new tournament called the AIFF Cup should be started in which top state clubs and national clubs are invited.(for the time being optional, bacause it already seems to be huge money consuming tasks ahead if followed)

The 2nd Division should be folded and we should just focus on expansion. No separate conferences, just a straight table.(in present scenario we shall have all state leagues only as our 2nd division provided we have minimum of 14 teams in top division)

In terms of expansion. It should occur every 3-5 years. The cities we should expand to or try to expand to... Bangalore, Kerala, Chennai, Hyderabad, Aizawl, Nagaland, Delhi, Nagpur, Punjab, Lucknow or Jamshedpur.

Notice how I did not say all this should be done immediately but instead given deadlines of 1 year to 3 years. This system should also be reviewed every 2 years.(reviewing the league structure is what aiff missed with past i-league seasons lets hope they change it now)
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I would love if the AIFF brought the Durand Cup. It is so easy to market. One of the oldest football cups in the world behind the FA Cup and Scottish FA Cup. Man that history would be loved by the Indian audience.

Also only a select number of state leagues should be allowed in the cup.
    Assam State Premier League
    1) Delhi Senior Division
    2) Goa Professional League
    3) Bangalore Super Division
    4) Manipur State League
    5) Nagaland Premier League
    6) Calcutta Football League

Should be allowed as those are the only true state leagues in India at the moment. (Bangalore League maybe not)

Anyway what do you think the maximum salary for rooks and sophs be? Maybe I did go to low. :)

we need some revamping of historic tournaments like durand cup, ifa shield and rovers cup which have some history behind them and i would love to see these tournament also the way carling cup is run....where top teams prefer testing their benches ...
    this could mean more matches for lower placed teams as well
  • Rovers Cup as the Carling Cup is a good idea but I dont see how 2 cups can work.

In England they have the FA Cup and League Cup. The League Cup is for levels 1-4 while FA Cup is for levels 1-11. Here the Durand Cup would be I-League and then top state leagues. What would the Rovers Cup be?
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Rovers Cup as the Carling Cup is a good idea but I dont see how 2 cups can work.

In England they have the FA Cup and League Cup. The League Cup is for levels 1-4 while FA Cup is for levels 1-11. Here the Durand Cup would be I-League and then top state leagues. What would the Rovers Cup be?

League Cup = Federations Cup
    FA CUP = Durand Cup
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Rovers Cup as the Carling Cup is a good idea but I dont see how 2 cups can work.

and may be rover cup be for all those professional teams joined by semi-professional teams like banks, psu as well as it will keep their motivation towards the game as well