Blackburn Rovers Matches

Comments

• No, I liked Venkeys. They showed us how shit Indians are when it comes to owning football clubs. I am surprised that Blackburn are not Venkeys United FC. I bet they tried.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    No, I liked Venkeys. They showed us how shit Indians are when it comes to owning football clubs. I am surprised that Blackburn are not Venkeys United FC. I bet they tried.

actually they tried to change the name as blackburn venkys...but because of intervention of PETA as venkys is chicken company...they were not able to change it or else it would have been done by now
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    No, I liked Venkeys. They showed us how shit Indians are when it comes to owning football clubs. I am surprised that Blackburn are not Venkeys United FC. I bet they tried.

actually they tried to change the name as blackburn venkys...but because of intervention of PETA as venkys is chicken company...they were not able to change it or else it would have been done by now

HOLY SHIT REALLY! Wow. Such morons the Venkeys are. So in the IPL we have DECCAN Challeners, SAHARA Pune (former), ROYAL CHALLENGERS. Then in football we have Salgaocar, Dempo, ONGC, Churchill, Kingfisher, McDowel, Prayag, Chirag, Air India! What the fuck is up with these corporates!
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Sorry Arsenalfan, but even in America has New York Redbulls. ;) team named on corporates.
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    Sorry Arsenalfan, but even in America has New York Redbulls. ;) team named on corporates.

Yes, I have been thinking about that but at least they are a global sporting brand and Red Bulls is still a name anyone would like. Would you like to be named VENKEYS whatever.

I would not mind if Red Bull came to India and made New Delhi Red Bulls or something.

Sahara Chennai United FC. Royal Challenger Hyderabad. I am fine with that and they have the city name in it. We have ONGC FC, Air India FC, Dempo SC. What city do they represent. And at least the Red Bulls operate there team and market there team, Dempo does what! Air India does WHAT! ONGC does WHAT!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Now you want to change IPL team names?????

• No, if they are making money and if the cities and states are represented in name as well then I am fine.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    No, if they are making money and if the cities and states are represented in name as well then I am fine.

Then u need to target Deccan Chargers!!! although they are making money... a hell lot of money
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    No, if they are making money and if the cities and states are represented in name as well then I am fine.

Then u need to target Deccan Chargers!!! although they are making money... a hell lot of money

I will give them an exception. Deccan XI I hate but Deccan Chargers is alright because a) they market and b) they are still making money. Its like with Prayag. I dont mind if they are Prayag United. They can keep that name, but they need to market and move to a new city.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

actually deccan also represent the deccan plateau which covers almost entire south part of india...so it does represent the region along with the owners name(owners named so to their newspaper to cover the region mainly)