Online Chatting

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I have come to India a few times. Most recent in March 2011. I want to go back and my dad said he will take me to see a football game there ever sense he found out I wake up at 4 am to watch I-League games :D. I go excited about Indian football fully in 2007 when I was 12. I first started following only Arsenal, then my local Red Bulls and MLS and then I got bored a little of them because it was all developed and ready (I am the kind of person who is more interested in watching developing sports. So instead of NBA I watch College Basketball, its unpredictable) so I saw I was Indian and started looking into I-League and Indian football.

As for wiki I started that in January 2011 when the Asian Cup started. Loved it and been doing it sense. Plus I saw a lot of new fans were learning through that.

Lucky you, would love to live near Salt Lake. You are also a great traveler. So you must know the football culture in these cities. Explains a lot :)

Great to know about you..

Actually I missed out watching football in Mumbai, although I stayed very close to cooperage (maybe 20 mins)... but that was my first yr. and I was trying to conc. on my work rather than I league...actually when I was a kid, I would only watch MB vs EB matches or Indian matches....other clubs, even when MB played other clubs meant less to me... later I took an interest in I League and followed the IFF page in Orkut, met ppl like Ashindia, Somnath, Somesh, and many others there.
    You might be interested (maybe surprised) to know that the only club I supported apart from MB (and I absolutely hate the way the management works, player recruitments, coach sacking etc.) was Lajong, in this 1st I League yr. :)
    Later ofcourse I follow Arrows... and as I moved to Bangalore, watch HAL lose every week (HAL have never earned 1 point in any game I have gone to stadium, although they get points when I don't!!!), I started having a soft corner for the shitty team... after every match when I try to get the pics, mainly of the opponents, I feel sad for the HAL players, no one giving a damn about them...just coming out of stadium, some taking a bike and moving out like regular guys
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @arsenalfan.... In arsene we trust.. Arsenal will be beat the moneybags City..
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I have come to India a few times. Most recent in March 2011. I want to go back and my dad said he will take me to see a football game there ever sense he found out I wake up at 4 am to watch I-League games :D. I go excited about Indian football fully in 2007 when I was 12. I first started following only Arsenal, then my local Red Bulls and MLS and then I got bored a little of them because it was all developed and ready (I am the kind of person who is more interested in watching developing sports. So instead of NBA I watch College Basketball, its unpredictable) so I saw I was Indian and started looking into I-League and Indian football.

So is this the reason why you have started following US cricket in recent past, as it is one of developing sport in US???as mentioned earlier by you somewhere else
  • Happy Bday Arsenalfan..apologies for the belated wishes if it was yesterday :) Hope u hav a blast today with Mancity match :)
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

So is this the reason why you have started following US cricket in recent past, as it is one of developing sport in US???as mentioned earlier by you somewhere else

Oh ya. Its nice to follow a sport in a country that is not as good at the sport. Basically here is what I follow.

- Football in Bermuda
    - Football in India
    - Football in Singapore
    - Football in Malaysia
    - College Basketball
    - College Baseball
    - Baseball in Australia
    - Rugby in India
    - Rugby in the US
    - College Soccer
    - Cricket in the US

ALthough the college ones are in a country that is good at the sports I still follow them more than the NBA, MLB and sometimes MLS because these kids are the future and they are less predictable.

I also do wiki work for Cricket in the US and Football in Bermuda along with Rugby in India.
    arsenalfan wrote:

Oh ya. Its nice to follow a sport in a country that is not as good at the sport. Basically here is what I follow.

- Football in Bermuda
    - Football in India
    - Football in Singapore
    - Football in Malaysia
    - College Basketball
    - College Baseball
    - Baseball in Australia
    - Rugby in India
    - Rugby in the US
    - College Soccer
    - Cricket in the US

ALthough the college ones are in a country that is good at the sports I still follow them more than the NBA, MLB and sometimes MLS because these kids are the future and they are less predictable.

I also do wiki work for Cricket in the US and Football in Bermuda along with Rugby in India.

That is some impressive list of sports in diff countries....

i follow associate cricket to see how teams are performing to reach the WC stage....probably one of very few guys to see the rise of afghanistan from WCL 5 to WC 50 over qualifiers where they missed it just
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

- Football in Bermuda
    - Football in India
    - Football in Singapore
    - Football in Malaysia
    - College Basketball
    - College Baseball
    - Baseball in Australia
    - Rugby in India
    - Rugby in the US
    - College Soccer
    - Cricket in the US

i follow associate cricket to see how teams are performing to reach the WC stage....probably one of very few guys to see the rise of afghanistan from WCL 5 to WC 50 over qualifiers where they missed it just

Nice. Afghan is making a run in Sports.

The US only won 1 game in the ICC World T20 Qualifiers and are currently in the World Cricket League Division 4 and were suposed to host it but bad managment caused them to lose hosting rights. As you can see. Cricket in America is what Football is in India.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Nice. Afghan is making a run in Sports.

The US only won 1 game in the ICC World T20 Qualifiers and are currently in the World Cricket League Division 4 and were suposed to host it but bad managment caused them to lose hosting rights. As you can see. Cricket in America is what Football is in India.

Yeah it is in a state similar to what india is in football....
    the cricketing world want USA to be soon in world map similar to indian football
    and some T20 league was to come na???what happened to that ..is it postponed or not even drafted yet???there were rumors that top indian players also might play there in somewhere around 2013 or 2014
  • They tried starting the "American Premier League" in 2009 which would include a few past Pakistani players but that failed. Back in 2004 we had a league called Pro2004 and that lasted 1 year. Now the New Zealand Cricket Association is helping out and will make a league next year once we find a new CEO. Honestly unlike Football in India I find no hope in Cricket in the US. Baseball will always rule but Cricket no one will like. If they start the league they need to focus on South Asian markets. New Jersey, Toronto, Tampa, Atlanta, Buffalo (New York), and other South Asian areas. That is the only way I see Cricket in the USA doing something.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    They tried starting the "American Premier League" in 2009 which would include a few past Pakistani players but that failed. Back in 2004 we had a league called Pro2004 and that lasted 1 year. Now the New Zealand Cricket Association is helping out and will make a league next year once we find a new CEO. Honestly unlike Football in India I find no hope in Cricket in the US. Baseball will always rule but Cricket no one will like. If they start the league they need to focus on South Asian markets. New Jersey, Toronto, Tampa, Atlanta, Buffalo (New York), and other South Asian areas. That is the only way I see Cricket in the USA doing something.

Didnt you guys got a CEO recently from england???who was to draft the future of US cricketing structure as well i suppose(i read something like those stuff in cricinfo)