U-20 I-league 2012

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Mumbai fc u-19 currently plays in MFL elite division along with mumbai fc, air india, ongc, kenkre fc, PIFA to name a few...
    Though they were not able win any points from these encounter we could say that this would always have given tehm all needed experience and could pull off a decent performance...but still i think last year batch of MFC u-19 were best and since the tourney is called U-20 and if last batch is playing then they can make it to final round or at least finish 2nd in the group...

And mumbai here means cooperage only i guess but may be not available for fans to witness it and would be a trail event for them to see how good is the surface of cooperage
  • They should have allowed JCT into the league. This one to one mapping with I-League teams is stupid. Teams like PIFA, SESA and TFA should be allowed in U20 League...they have better youth teams than HAL, Air India...
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    They should have allowed JCT into the league. This one to one mapping with I-League teams is stupid. Teams like PIFA, SESA and TFA should be allowed in U20 League...they have better youth teams than HAL, Air India...

Absolutely agreed ...we need some good established youth teams around india to be part of this league....mainly in place of PSU's or shall keep a wild card group where they shall play and shall join the winner of group A,B and C in final round
  • Thats exactly what I have been calling for. Look at the A-League National Youth League. They have the Australian Institute Academy in the league. In the Premier League Academy they have Championship teams. In MLS we dont even have an MLS Youth League. We just have one 300 team youth league which the 19 MLS Academys play in.

How about instead of having these Academy teams play in the I-League 2nd Division have them play in the U20 league. They are not real clubs, they are academies to groom young players.

Add JCT Youth, PIFA, SESA, TFA, Gauhati Town Club and others.

Also I hope they make the Group stage a 2 leg event so each team plays each other twice. That would mean a team can get 6 or 8 matches in the first leg then in the championship group they can get 6 more games to make either 12 to 14 matches overall. Of course that is to little but better than usual.
  • By the way, till last season all you got for winning U20 I-League was get your picture taken on some newspapers...forget money, they didn't even give out a trophy last time...

The clubs have to pay for accomodation and travel from their pocket :D
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    By the way, till last season all you got for winning U20 I-League was get your picture taken on some newspapers...forget money, they didn't even give out a trophy last time...

AIFF rockz \m/
  • Well to be honest... do these kids deserve cash prizes. They are u20 players! All the champions deserve are call-ups to the national team.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    By the way, till last season all you got for winning U20 I-League was get your picture taken on some newspapers...forget money, they didn't even give out a trophy last time...

Can you beat that!
  • ashindia wrote:

AIFF rockz \m/

Seriously...I mean how much does a trophy cost? These are young kids, they won't care about money yet. But it would be a huge boost if they saw their pics on AIFF site with a trophy in their hands. You need to keep them motivated somehow..

• ashindia wrote:

AIFF rockz \m/

Seriously...I mean how much does a trophy cost? These are young kids, they won't care about money yet. But it would be a huge boost if they saw their pics on AIFF site with a trophy in their hands. You need to keep them motivated somehow..

Okay that is true.

Anyway didnt you hear, a trophy these days costs £1,000,000,000,000,000.00 + Two Chickens.