Kerala Football News

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7106 Points
    They've been trying to conduct KPL in the home and away format for the past two seasons and i dont see it changing this time as well. 
    arunskumar
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1090 Points
    Last season KPL was hosted by muvattupuzha FC. They were very hopeful before the tourney but went on suffer a huge loss (approax 30+ lakh). 
    This time according to my sources 3 pvt pro clubs are ready host their home matches..only challenge is Dept. Teams.. SBT having non football issues regarding merger with SBI. So don't know what will happen.

Heard that a wellknown media house will sponsor KPL this season.
    Deb_Banmunna219777BrainFallINDIA
    KPL to have a home-and-away format ************************************************** The Kerala Premier League, which had looked more like an institutional football league last year and which appeared to be on its last legs, has undergone a massive change this time. And the next edition, to be played in March and April, will be played on a home-and-away format with half of the teams being private clubs. “We have eight confirmed teams and four are private clubs: Gokulam FC (Manjeri), Quartz (Kozhikode), FC Thrissur, FC Kerala (also from Thrissur),” said P. Anilkumar, the Kerala Football Association secretary, on Tuesday. “One more club, SAT from Tirur, is likely to be included which could make it five private clubs this time.” Thrissur’s FC Kerala was the lone private club at last year’s KPL in Muvattupuzha and many felt that it was one of the reasons for the event’s host Muvattupuzha FC suffering a huge loss. Institutional teams Defending champion State Bank of Travancore, Kerala Police, KSEB and Central Excise are the four institutional teams in the league’s new edition. Every team will have its own home ground. The two Thrissur teams will share the Corporation Stadium, SBT will play at Thiruvananthapuram’s Chandrasekharan Nair Stadium, Kerala Police at Kottapadi in Malappuram while KSEB will opt for Attingal in Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi’s Central Excise will be in action at the Ambedkar Stadium here. Gokulam and Quartz will play at their home bases in Manjeri and Kozhikode respectively while SAT will be in action at Tirur. “Matches will be played during weekends with two games per day. “We may not have floodlights as many of the grounds which the teams have chosen do not have them,” said the KFA secretary. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-sports/KPL-to-have-a-home-and-away-format/article17091767.ece
    samfootydipkuldeep007BrainFallINDIAdeepakcgoalkeeparindian_goonermunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This sounds really good!
    AGs and Titanium not playing I think. due to lack of qualified coaches and stadium...(its what I heard)
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7106 Points
    AG'S not playing due to sponsorship issue . Central Govt. Not allowing sponsors it seems .
    munna219777
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    How about Farooq College Trichur 
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Faroke college is not in trichur,faroke itself a place name near Calicut
    gopiajeeshmunna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

Sad that there is no team from Palakkad(My mom's from Palakkad).  :'(

munna219777shibierarunskumar