IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• usaindia wrote:
    i think as every one saying we need a salary cap and no relegation atleast 3 years ,and teams will be added in 3 rd year of i-league or so,also we need a website like ileague.com something

ileague.com is taken

i-league.com is free
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    5 crores for winners is yummy but for that AIFF and IMG need to get more sponsors on board.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    they need to hire a statistician and give all old i-league /NFL records to them and come with all kind of stats
  • ashindia wrote:
    5 crores for winners is yummy but for that AIFF and IMG need to get more sponsors on board.

Not hard. If a club like Pune FC who dont get a crowd can get some amazing sponsors and if Lajong can get Airtel then that would be no problem.

What I think the AIFF should do is categorize the sponsors.

Telephone Sponsor: I hope Airtel

Airline Sponsor: I hope Kingfisher Airlines or Air India

Car Sponsor: I hope TATA Motors

Sports Sponsor: Nike

Electronics Sponsor: Panosonic

Normal Sponsor: Whatever

Drinking Sponsor: Whatever

Plus what usaindia just said.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    yes they should get hotel sponsor,
  • usaindia wrote:
    yes they should get hotel sponsor,

GINGER HOTELS! They are also part of TATA Group.

Problem with these sponsors is that we have to use them only. So I-League clubs can ONLY use Kingfisher Airlines or Air India (pending on who the airline sponsor would be). Teams would have to stay at a Ginger Hotel which has hotels in every place except for Kolkata. Of course there is also Taj Hotels.
    Currently AIFF has ZERO Sponsors so first let them find major sponsors(title) then we can think about Hotel sponsors, Inner-wear sponsors etc etc :P
  • ashindia wrote:
    Currently AIFF has ZERO Sponsors so first let them find major sponsors(title) then we can think about Hotel sponsors, Inner-wear sponsors etc etc :P

Right now they should go after the companies that already sponsor I-League teams. Airtel, Infosys, Kingfisher, Rose Valley etc.

Plus they already have Nike and Panosonic which we dont get money from anyway.
    OHHHHHHHHH I forgot to say that all the sponsor money will go into IMG-RIL pockets and they will only share it if its more than what they are giving to AIFF from that 700 crores.

That's the reason why clubs fighting against AIFF and this meeting is all about that.
  • ashindia wrote:
    OHHHHHHHHH I forgot to say that all the sponsor money will go into IMG-RIL pockets and they will only share it if its more than what they are giving to AIFF from that 700 crores.

That's the reason why clubs fighting against AIFF and this meeting is all about that.

We gave IMG-RIL 30 years and a lot of money to change Indian football and if they take the sponsor money we can sue and IMG is an American company as well so we can sue them in India or in America.