Mohun Bagan AC vs Colombo FC AFC Cup 2017 Preliminary Round

Comments

• samsam 16425 Points
    shakkeerKM Is this from some other camera angle? The telecast was from other camera angle. Where from did you record this? The score display is also different. 
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    It's not uploaded by me
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    @sam Shakker has recorded raw streaming video. Mycujo.com was showing something similar on its site without commentary.
    sam
  • samsam 16425 Points

This is the camera angle I saw in telecast
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    That's the advantage of having Sehnaj in the side...he has scored some stunners both in the I-League and in the ISL but then he can have a sudden rush of blood and get carded
    Shilton foozled it again...he should have saved that half cross, half-shot
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Basically this stadium is a British era Racecourse-that explains the design. Also used by Airforce. Now they started organising Rugby Union matches here. I was expecting them to host it in Sugathadasa Stadium which is more proper stadium for Football and previously seen for Indian Amrican Football league matches.
    deepakc
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    AFC Cup second leg will be live on Youtube and FB by Xtratime .
    Carbon_14deepakc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    http://xtratime.in/afc-cup-qualifier-match-commissioner-to-file-report-against-mohun-bagan/

AFC Cup Qualifier: Match Commissioner to file report against Mohun Bagan

unnamed 19

Sony Norde in a practice session at the Mohun Bagan Ground on Monday. Image Source: XtraTime

Kolkata: Mohun Bagan to face a huge problem ahead of facing Colombo FC in the AFC Asia Cup Qualifier at the Rabindra Sarobar Stadium tomorrow as the Japanese Match Commissioner Takeyuki Oya to report against the Kolkata giant. The Green and Maroon brigade came to the pre-match press conference 45 minutes laterof the scheduled time as they were waiting for a Bagan player to join the press meet, which happens to be a compulsion in AFC rules.

Even coach Sanjoy Sen was seen to get fumed to see the situation. The match commissioner said, “I have seen everything. I am going to file a report against Mohun Bagan and it is then AFC’s call to decide the punishment.

Indian heavyweights Mohun Bagan who have a one-goal advantage will look to seal the playoff berth when they face a depleted Colombo FC in the return leg AFC Cup South Asia Zone football fixture, here tomorrow.

The Sri Lanka Premier League champions have suffered a huge blow as three of their foreigners in the roster — defender Nasiru Opeyemi, midfielder Seka Jean Yapo and striker Afeez Olofin — could not travel with the team because of visa hurdles.

“It’s a big loss for me. They are integral members of the side manning the defence, midfield as well as the forward line. We have to make our planning afresh,” Mohamed Roomy Hassan told a news conference on the eve of their match.

“The Nigerian defender is a tall guy with a lot of experience. We will miss him sorely.”

However the coach, who had played in Kolkata during the 1996 AFC Cup, said the Ivory Coast mideo Yapo would join the side tomorrow morning.

“He’s got the clearance and he’s joining tomorrow morning. The High Commission has laws denying entry to Nigerians, from Sri Lanka,” he said.

Facing a must-win situation by at least two goal margin, he said: “We need goals to survive in this tournament. We have to press for goals in earlier stages, say by first 25 minutes.

Attack is the only option. We have come prepared. Of course we are confident. We are positive to pull off a win.” With around 72 hours left for the second leg fixture, Colombo FC suffered the jolt when the trio were denied Visas.

“We got to know about this the day before we were scheduled to leave,” president of Colombo FC Saif Yusoof said.

“We are hopeful of getting visa for Yapo, who is from Ivory Coast, and if we get it he will join the team,” Yusoof added.

The Sri Lankan outfit now will have to bank on striker Zarwan Johar and midfielder EB Channa, who had played for Dempo SC in 2002-03 as their task will be cut out.

Mohun Bagan on the other hand will be bolstered by the return of their Haitian superstar Sony Norde who was rested for a hamstring injury in their last round match.

Their Scottish recruit Darry Duffy is in sublime form and became the I-League leading scorer in their 3-2 win against Aizawl FC in the last round.

The Scot along with Jeje Lalpekhlua will look to put the rival defence under pressure while Katsumi Yusa will be pulling the strings in the midfield.

Mohun Bagan had secured a 2-1 win over the Sri Lankan outfit in the first leg on January 31 to hand themselves a valuable advantage.

In what was to prove an entertaining first half, Bagan s Kean Lewis opened the scoring in the 13th minute with a fine header, but the Sri Lankan hosts roared back courtesy of Afeez Olofin s equalising goal some 30 minutes into the game.

The Kolkata giants were to bag a winner in the second half with Sehnaj Singh finding the net on 70 minutes.

Colombo FC are the reigning Sri Lanka Premier League champions and have won their Football Association (FA) Cup Championship defeating Blue Star SC 1-0 in the final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKt-Bl2Y_iw

munna219777
    • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
      No Bengali Channel?