IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    as most people guessed it seems so far clubs received nothibng IMG according to chirag tanna tweet.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited April 2012
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">did aiff forget about this? Are they looking for i league to get over!!</span></div>
  • ajmal wrote:
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">did aiff forget about this? Are they looking for i league to get over!!</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Didnt you hear. April 20th was "National Weed Day". Obviously the AIFF, IMG and I-League owners sat at the table in Delhi and all smoked a joint and forgot what they met to do.</div>
  • harry191harry191 89 Points
    AIFF always function this way... Cmon guys do you understand teh meaning of Deadline.. i pray that they atleast give<br><br>1) 5 crores for the champions<br>2) 3.5 crores for runners up<br>3) 2 crores for the Third place<br>4) 1 crores for the fourth place<br>5) 50 lakhs for the 5thplaced team<br>6) 25 lakhs for the sixth placed team<br>7) 12 lakhs for seventh<br>8) 5 lakhs for 8th placed team<br><br>16 team I league next yearon ..drop Air India and ONGC,HAL bring on USFC(alreay qualified) Delhi United and FC Cochin<br><br>
  • harry191 wrote:
    AIFF always function this way... Cmon guys do you understand teh meaning of Deadline.. i pray that they atleast give<br><br>1) 5 crores for the champions<br>2) 3.5 crores for runners up<br>3) 2 crores for the Third place<br>4) 1 crores for the fourth place<br>5) 50 lakhs for the 5thplaced team<br>6) 25 lakhs for the sixth placed team<br>7) 12 lakhs for seventh<br>8) 5 lakhs for 8th placed team<br><br>16 team I league next yearon ..drop Air India and ONGC,HAL bring on USFC(alreay qualified) Delhi United and FC Cochin<br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Who is this FC Cochin you speak of.</div>
  • when is this meeting?
  • when is this meeting?

<br><div><br></div><div>April 20th: Pot meeting</div>
  • IMG-R needs more time to deliver pro
    football blueprint.

www.sportzpower.com/?q=content/img-r-needs-more-time-deliver-pro-football-blueprint
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <p style="margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 10px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, 'sans-serif normal'; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">MUMBAI: It's all quiet communication-wise on the IMG-Reliance front, even as the 20 April date the AIFF's marketing partners had set to revert to the I-League clubs on the "way forward plan" for professional football in India has come and gone.<br><br>Now it is not as if Jefferson Slack, senior vice president, IMG, who leads the football practice at IMG-Reliance has not been on the job as it were. According to the information available with SportzPower, a lot of progress has been made on the plan but the final blueprint would likely take another month or so. <br><br>"We will certainly let you know as things proceed," was about all Slack would offer <em>SportzPower</em>.<br><br>What <em>SportzPower</em> is given to understand is that IMG-R is intimating the clubs individually and AIFF general secretary Kushal Das said as much when contacted. <br><br>The curious part of all this however, is not that the deadline has been missed, as much as the fact that there has been no official communication sent out to the clubs on what the status is on the matter. <br><br>A clearly frustrated Nandan Piramal, chairman of Pune FC, told <em>SportzPower</em>, "There hasn't been a single official communication from IMG-Reliance."<br><br>Queried as to what the next course of action would be, Piramal said that once the I-League season got over (early May) the clubs would be sitting down together under the aegis of the recently formed Indian Professional Football Clubs Association (IPFCA).</p><p style="margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 10px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, 'sans-serif normal'; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Piramal was at pains to point out that what was upsetting was more the lack of proper lines of communication  than the missed deadline. His contention was that considering that the clubs were collectively pumping in Rs 1.5-1.75 billion a year into the game, it was not unreasonable to be seeking a sense of direction and accountability from the AIFF and its commercial partner. <br><br>Till such time as Slack is ready to reveal his plans though, it looks like the clubs will just have to remain patient.</p>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <b> Good to know that at least they haven't forgotten completely about it.</b>