Dempo - 2011/12 - I League Review and Stats

rudrarudra 2958 Points
edited May 2012 in Dempo SC
Many articles will be done I guess. Here's a start by Goal.com -<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><a href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/22/3051783/dempos-five-wise-men-a-look-at-the-protagonists-in-the-goan">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/22/3051783/dempos-five-wise-men-a-look-at-the-protagonists-in-the-goan</a>;
</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Gives special importance to 5 players -</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b>Gawli</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b>Theobald</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b>Miranda</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b>Ranty</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b>Subhasish</b></div><div><b>
</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b><font color="#ff0000">Edit by Admin</font></b></div><div><b><font color="#ff0000"><br></font></b></div><div><b><font color="#ff0000">Also check the DEMPO stats here</font> - </b><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/28654#Comment_28654"; style="font-size: 10pt; ">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/28654#Comment_28654</a></div>;

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal; ">I dunno abt u guys but the Densil Theobald part was over-praising I would say (maybe the writer is awed by the fact he has played in WC). Not saying he was bad, but check the description - </span><div><span style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 11px; "><br></span><div><p style="font-weight: normal; color: rgb(26, 39, 50); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The Trinidad and Tobago international came into the team after the season was well underway, as issues related to his international clearance papers held up his debut, which he made only in January against Air India.</p><p style="font-weight: normal; color: rgb(26, 39, 50); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">However the former World Cupper was an instant hit, helping the team overcome a minor blip in form, after the club registered losses against Churchill Brothers and East Bengal.</p><p style="color: rgb(26, 39, 50); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The midfielder's accomplished playmaking skills and general movement on the pitch was breathtaking at times as he and Climax Lawrence formed a high quality pair in the centre of the pitch. <b>Easily one of classiest midfielders on display in the league this term.</b></p></div></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Interesting to notice, none of the Dempo stars are young players with exception of Cresan antao and rowilson and joaquim (who mainly come as sub)<div>stark contrast to Karim's salgaocar last yr</div>
  • rudra wrote:
    Interesting to notice, none of the Dempo stars are young players with exception of Cresan antao and rowilson and joaquim (who mainly come as sub)<div>stark contrast to Karim's salgaocar last yr</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Thus making Shivrans comments more interesting. He will encourage Armando to use more youth which is good but how will it help Dempo who might be given a pass to play in the AFC Champions League qualifier. The only one who seems good is Romeo Fernandes but of course I have no idea about there U20 defenders and midfielders.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    Interesting to notice, none of the Dempo stars are young players with exception of Cresan antao and rowilson and joaquim (who mainly come as sub)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">stark contrast to Karim's salgaocar last yr</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Thus making Shivrans comments more interesting. He will encourage Armando to use more youth which is good but how will it help Dempo who might be given a pass to play in the AFC Champions League qualifier. The only one who seems good is Romeo Fernandes but of course I have no idea about there U20 defenders and midfielders.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">armando colaco talks about youth but mainly relies on veterans...Dempo, although did so well hasn't really given too many youngsters in I league like many other teams. Even for India, Colaco choose many veterans..but then its his style, he is successful so can't complain....next i league might be interesting if they really change many veterans</font></div>
  • I expect to see the words "loan" and "Dempo (or Panjim)" used a lot next season. "Romeo Fernandes loaned out to (place team here)"<div><br></div><div>None of the Dempo youth are ready yet. One season on loan can do most of them very good but only if the word loan will mean anything to Dempo.</div>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    even defende shallum pirus who is central defender and currently dempo u-20 scoring goals at their will won sesa cup and goa u-20 taca league and now soon i league u-20 

<br><div><br></div><div>Ashlesh, so you finally moved from that Sportskeeda page on Facebook to here. Lets see if you can guess who I am.</div><div><br></div><div>- Hint: We had a big conversation at the end of December about the structure of I-League and Dempo.</div>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    <br>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Ashlesh wrote:
    even defende shallum pirus who is central defender and currently dempo u-20 scoring goals at their will won sesa cup and goa u-20 taca league and now soon i league u-20 

<br><div><br></div><div>Ashlesh, so you finally moved from that Sportskeeda page on Facebook to here. Lets see if you can guess who I am.</div><div><br></div><div>- Hint: We had a big conversation at the end of December about the structure of I-League and Dempo.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>cant forget u dude rohan :P good to see u again sportskeeda was getting boring and biased lol :P </div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Tell me about it. I seriously got bored of that page ages ago. Still am a "fan" of it but dont listen to it often. </div><div><br></div><div>Here the bias is here but the debates are also here to change the bias views easily.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dempo are india's manchester united who believe in playing most veterans along with young players getting matured with them....which is not a bad thing to do as it will mean that they wont struggle in coming times...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@<;/font><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Ashlesh : i guess you are same guy who was in indian football live group and discussing about dempo...good to have you here(it will be bit difficult to guess me )</span></div>
  • shankar wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dempo are india's manchester united who believe in playing most veterans along with young players getting matured with them....which is not a bad thing to do as it will mean that they wont struggle in coming times...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@<;/font><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Ashlesh : i guess you are same guy who was in indian football live group and discussing about dempo...good to have you here(it will be bit difficult to guess me )</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>YOUR SANJAY RIGHT!</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>YOUR SANJAY RIGHT!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Dont spam rohan...you know me :P</div>