IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• I dont care how long it takes. Just have it done before September and make it good.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote:
    <b> Good to know that at least they haven't forgotten completely about it.</b>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yea that is good thing but still IMG is not working the way i expected them to do...</div><div>i thought aiff will learn professionalism from IMG guys but it seems like here it is other way around</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I-League is a mess and there would go a lot of thinking to take it out of that. IMG are doing just that. they have to consider that the existing clubs fit in the model with 100 years old system
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    shankar wrote:
    somesh wrote:
    <b> Good to know that at least they haven't forgotten completely about it.</b>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yea that is good thing but still IMG is not working the way i expected them to do...</div><div>i thought aiff will learn professionalism from IMG guys but it seems like here it is other way around</div>

<br><div>but still its lot of disrespect for clubs ,IMG  needs to communicate properly</div>
  • Well you also have to admit that this is not easy. They have to think of a system and go with it. <div><br></div><div>They have to also put this into consideration...</div><div><br></div><div>1) Most Indian owners unwillingness to modernise</div><div><br></div><div>2) IPL and WSH and others to compete with</div><div><br></div><div>3) Lack of domestic support in India.</div>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Well you also have to admit that this is not easy. They have to think of a system and go with it. </span><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">They have to also put this into consideration...</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">1) Most Indian owners unwillingness to modernise</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">2) IPL and WSH and others to compete with</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">3) Lack of domestic support in India.</span></div>

<br><div>didnt img knew this before they bid for the deal,i just think it shows their disregard for clubs</div>
  • usaindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Well you also have to admit that this is not easy. They have to think of a system and go with it. </span><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">They have to also put this into consideration...</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">1) Most Indian owners unwillingness to modernise</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">2) IPL and WSH and others to compete with</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">3) Lack of domestic support in India.</span></div>

<br><div>didnt img knew this before they bid for the deal,i just think it shows their disregard for clubs</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well first off, I think they did. But lets be real. The Premier League began planning in 1988 before starting in 1992. MLS was supposed to start in 1995 but started in 1996. A-League is 7 years in and are going through troubles right now. </div><div><br></div><div>This is sports, things take time especially for Indian Football where we and IMG are at such a disadvantage. They have to think long and hard, it wont happen like that.</div>
    <div><b><br></b></div><div><b>Well first off, I think they did. But lets be real. The Premier League began planning in 1988 before starting in 1992. MLS was supposed to start in 1995 but started in 1996. A-League is 7 years in and are going through troubles right now. </b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>This is sports, things take time especially for Indian Football where we and IMG are at such a disadvantage. They have to think long and hard, it wont happen like that.</b></div><b>[/quote]

</b><br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">my issue with img is lack of communication to clubs.</div>
  • usaindia wrote:
    <div><b><br></b></div><div><b>Well first off, I think they did. But lets be real. The Premier League began planning in 1988 before starting in 1992. MLS was supposed to start in 1995 but started in 1996. A-League is 7 years in and are going through troubles right now. </b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>This is sports, things take time especially for Indian Football where we and IMG are at such a disadvantage. They have to think long and hard, it wont happen like that.</b></div><b>

</b><br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">my issue with img is lack of communication to clubs.</div>[/quote]

<br><div><br></div><div>That is unfortunate and probably there only real mistake at this moment.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Well first off, I think they did. But lets be real. The Premier League began planning in 1988 before starting in 1992. MLS was supposed to start in 1995 but started in 1996. A-League is 7 years in and are going through troubles right now. </div><div><br></div><div>This is sports, things take time especially for Indian Football where we and IMG are at such a disadvantage. They have to think long and hard, it wont happen like that.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Agree with this...this things takes long time... now if in countries like USA, UK this is the trend...we have to accept for India it will probably take more time...come on everything in India takes time...for football we cant expect better, maybe worse</div>