Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Ya, Nike is good...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I would love to see this. Just add red instead of navy...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Nike-ARSENAL-Away-JERSEY-2008-09-SOCCER-YELLOW-X-LARGE-/17/!BVWIpJw!2k~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlzVpnBKS!7RYEH!~~_35.JPG</font></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I just saw that oly lyon will field the team wearing a 3D jersey <div>and here we are not getting a good kit sponsor to be associated with</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    There is no reason why adidas cannot be kits sponsor for both. There was a time when Reebok was sponsoring the big 3, Mohammedan being d 3rd
    But I would like them to tie up wid a local brand like Shiv-Naresh etc if they want to sel their merchandise. Their supporters come from middle/low and mostly very low income groups who cannot afford d branded ones
  • somesh wrote:
    There is no reason why adidas cannot be kits sponsor for both. There was a time when Reebok was sponsoring the big 3, Mohammedan being d 3rd

<br><div><br></div><div>True. No one said that it should not be like that. All 19 MLS teams use Adidas. Arsenal and Manchester United use Nike. Although I cant imagine Adidas making a good Red and Gold jersey. I mean imagine an EB jersey with Gold in the middle, red on the sleeves and then gold stripes down the sleeves. It would be ugly.</div>
    No. That was in response to Archak's comment. He said that
  • KEB Captain criticizing the rigidity in their FOREIGN COACH's strategy on TV saying that most opponent coaches by now are so familiar with TJM's strategy that they know several ways around it, now what kind of DISCIPLINE is this ? Would not be too out of context to mention that brawls have broken out in practice as well.  Very unfortunate that yardstick for Indian and foreign coaches are different.<br><br><br>Having worked with numerous foreign coaches/instructors in various disciplines, I have highlighted the rigidity factor in most second/third grade foreign coach's strategy time and again in my posts and blogs. Off course there are foreign coaches who are flexible but Indian administrators should be rest assured that they won't come to a football infrastructure defunct country as India. Even if they come to Asia just for the sake of experience, they will rather pick East asia or the middle east. Most club administrators are either unaware or needlessly spend a huge part of their budget on foreign coaches instead of youth development programmes. VERY MINDLESS !
    I was aghast when read that news in a local daily. And the same thing came to my mind. These fellows call themselves professional footballers! Is being professional all about demanding money and overpricing yourself. What about responsible behaviour?
  • somesh wrote:
    I was aghast when read that news in a local daily. And the same thing came to my mind. These fellows call themselves professional footballers! Is being professional all about demanding money and overpricing yourself. What about responsible behaviour?

<br><div><br></div><div>Responsible Behaviour? Fuck that.</div><div><br></div><div>Being a good example to the youth of India? Fuck that.</div><div><br></div><div>Being a real professional and respecting the coach and working with him? Fuck that.</div><div><br></div><div>Money? OH HELL YES!</div>
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    somesh wrote:
    East Bengal is surging way ahead of Mohun Bagan in terms of professionalism with al these initiatives

<br><div><br></div><div>Mohun Bagan already runs a football school for a year or so.Besides this we also have several other youth development projects.And a dedicated website for all that info too..</div><div><br></div><div><a href="http://mohunbaganforyouth.com/">http://mohunbaganforyouth.com/</a>;
    </div>