I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    nt at all.my1st team is USFC bt as i will stay in delhi 4 atleast 2-3 more yrs so i don't mind supporting some other club as 2nd choice.

<br><div><br></div><div>Come on dude, once u start supporting the city club, and if  go to the stadium often , know the players etc..then u get attached... for example I had so much guilt when I was cheering for Arrows today (against HAL), which increased even more when I saw James Singh near me when I was praising the Arrows guys.</div><div>For the Mohun Bagan match, I didn't even attended! Its actually sad when u are in the weaker teams side...</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <div><b style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font size="4">ONGC has  no plans to move to Delhi so far!!!</font></b></div><b style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><div><b style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></b></div>The AIFF is said to have approached you, if ONGC could play their home matches in Delhi instead of Mumbai where there are already two I-League teams. Is this something ONGC is considering?</b><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">AIFF has not approached to us so far for a venue elsewhere. See, Federation I mean, AIFF is the highest body of the country and they know how to implement the channel of football for the growth around the country. Yes, there have been talks with I-League CEO Sunando Dhar and me discussing on this also from the point of view that from the Northern part of India there is no I-League team and further, Mumbai is already having three teams.</span><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">ONGC has very strong presence in Delhi, Mumbai and in several parts of the country. If ONGC wants to popularise football in some parts of its activity area by having few I-League matches there, what is the harm. You know, professional football teams needs to have huge supports. Media coverage and publicity - nationally and internationally are to be considered and reviewed.</span><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">However, there has been no official approach by AIFF, and neither we have fancied the idea, though I repeat again that 'support from your own people, fan base creation, facilities by your own asssociation for training fields and professional attitudes' are definitely going to be deciding factors.</span><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><a href="http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/04/interview-with-bibek-bhowmik-ongc.html">http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/04/interview-with-bibek-bhowmik-ongc.html</a>;
    </div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote:
    </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><b style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font size="4">ONGC has  no plans to move to Delhi so far!!!</font></b></div><b style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><div><b style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></b></div>The AIFF is said to have approached you, if ONGC could play their home matches in Delhi instead of Mumbai where there are already two I-League teams. Is this something ONGC is considering?</b><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">AIFF has not approached to us so far for a venue elsewhere. See, Federation I mean, AIFF is the highest body of the country and they know how to implement the channel of football for the growth around the country. Yes, there have been talks with I-League CEO Sunando Dhar and me discussing on this also from the point of view that from the Northern part of India there is no I-League team and further, Mumbai is already having three teams.</span><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">ONGC has very strong presence in Delhi, Mumbai and in several parts of the country. If ONGC wants to popularise football in some parts of its activity area by having few I-League matches there, what is the harm. You know, professional football teams needs to have huge supports. Media coverage and publicity - nationally and internationally are to be considered and reviewed.</span><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">However, there has been no official approach by AIFF, and neither we have fancied the idea, though I repeat again that 'support from your own people, fan base creation, facilities by your own asssociation for training fields and professional attitudes' are definitely going to be deciding factors.</span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><a href="http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/04/interview-with-bibek-bhowmik-ongc.html">http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/04/interview-with-bibek-bhowmik-ongc.html</a>;
    </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I do appreciate the fact that they know that they need support in order to be a football club, hopefully we see more things to help that in the future but whether AIFF said so or not it is obvious that Mumbai can not support 3, let alone the 2 it has now. Its better to go to a place which has held many tournaments at national level and that has never been in I-League.</font></div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    hopefully aiff comes to sense and just bar ONGC
  • usaindia wrote:

<br><br>Na, knowing our luck, the AIFF will continue to fund the second division instead of using that money on the u20 league so next season we can see ONGC and Air India relegated for Aizawl and another pro club.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Ashlesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:

<br><br>Na, knowing our luck, the AIFF will continue to fund the second division instead of using that money on the u20 league so next season we can see ONGC and Air India relegated for Aizawl and another pro club.<br>

<br><div>ONGC relegation looks difficult it seems like USFC may get relegate coz they hardly have signed quality players and whichever are there they are leaving </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They have Bhaichung Bhutia!!!</div>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:

<br><div>ONGC relegation looks difficult it seems like USFC may get relegate coz they hardly have signed quality players and whichever are there they are leaving </div>

<br><br>Considering the Transfer Period has not even started yet I am not surprised. Right now no clubs have signed anyone. Yes, personal signings have been made with players saying I will play for this club but technically no players have signed with anyone.<br><br>And plus this is Baichungs club. He wont stand for relegation.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Ashlesh wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    Ashlesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>They have Bhaichung Bhutia!!!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Bhaichung is not of that quality anymore he even played only few part in 2nd division that also as defender </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Haha, I didnt meant that his 'playing' qualities will come to rescue!!! Anyways there's time, they may sign good players (heard that Nirmal wont go there)</div>
  • USFC wont make any big Indian signing except for Sunil (maybe). The club will sign Indians via trials and will most likely sign big of foreigners (like that Irish guy from 2 years ago)<br>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    USFC wont make any big Indian signing except for Sunil (maybe). The club will sign Indians via trials and will most likely sign big of foreigners (like that Irish guy from 2 years ago)<br>

<br><div>irish guy lapira he is not so big bt i heard USFC are in financial crisis </div>

<br><br>They were because being a 2nd Division club hit them but they are in the first division now. They already got one big sponsor, they will probably get more.<br>