Barcelona vs Inter Milan in Kolkata

Comments

• dip_anj wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    As if the YBK really improved. I saw a match there few weeks ago via stream and the place looked shit. I thought there was bushes growing in the right side stands!!!

It needs a lot of improvements no doubt but what it was earlier it is far better than that.Any regular in YBK would agree to that and most of that are done during Argentina match.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>You can say that but what else has it done. I would have been more happy with Barcelona vs. I-League All-Stars. It would be a nice finish to a long and tiring season for Barcelona or even Inter Milan and it would still bring 100,000 people to the stands and that would give media hype to the I-League as well. Perfect for an end-of-season game.</div>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    As if the YBK really improved. I saw a match there few weeks ago via stream and the place looked shit. I thought there was bushes growing in the right side stands!!!

It needs a lot of improvements no doubt but what it was earlier it is far better than that.Any regular in YBK would agree to that and most of that are done during Argentina match.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>You can say that but what else has it done. I would have been more happy with Barcelona vs. I-League All-Stars. It would be a nice finish to a long and tiring season for Barcelona or even Inter Milan and it would still bring 100,000 people to the stands and that would give media hype to the I-League as well. Perfect for an end-of-season game.</div>
    I think AIFF is planning something like that.But I doubt clubs like Barcelona would agree to play with I League all star 11.At least we need something to compete with this shitty IPL.At least we can attract some corporates with 100k people at ground.<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    @arsenalfan you are geting carried away. This is a commercial event and has nothing to do with Indian football. So stop complaining about it unles u wanna increase ur post count. Its not AIFF who is organizing it.
  • dip_anj wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

I think AIFF is planning something like that.But I doubt clubs like Barcelona would agree to play with I League all star 11.At least we need something to compete with this shitty IPL.At least we can attract some corporates with 100k people at ground.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Its not impossible. Obviously a club like Barcelona or Inter Milan would demand more than 70% of the ticket revenue and...</div><div><br></div><div>1) Barcelona or Inter Milan would spread there brand around India and the fans of Kolkata and thus make new fans as well which equals more marketing opportunities and more money for them to even spread there brand further.</div><div><br></div><div>2) I-League would get much needed media attention along with the leagues best players and obviously the All-Star team would include Subrata Pal, Raju Gaikwad, Sunil Chhetri (yes he was shit this season but he is the most popular Indian football at this moment), and Jeje Lalpekhlua and Manandeep Singh and maybe if they do well then it would increase there chances of getting scouted. (Yes I am aware that you could use the Bayern game as an argument to show that scouting does not happen).</div><div><br></div><div>3) This is at the end of the season. The players are tired, they have the Euros next month, they want to do small vacations before they have to report to there teams in June. Is a final match against two top sides what they need.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Being a indian football fan, i dont find anything wrong with the view of @arsenalfan 's thinking..</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">the way the clubs are thinking about their marketing benefits he is thinking about the benefits for indian football...</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">what is wrong with that???</div>
  • Hey, Admin why take those posts out. I made no personal attack. I mean you would get pissed to if someone said that your trying to increase your post count.<div><br></div><div>I want Somesh and others to know that I am here because I love Indian football and that if I do post something you disagree with then deal with it or counter it. </div>
    @arsenalfan I and everyone very well know that you come here for Indian football, do not worry about that. 
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">I guess I was last to see the news(yet)!!! A great news for fans in India!!! I am wishing the match is after 21st becoz I would be there after that and would a dream come true for me to watch the best in play in </span><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">our YBK. </b><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I was reading comments about turning this opportunity to help Indian football. There is no doubt about it Indian football fans will love that, but what I am wishing is that this exhibition match is purely of high quality. Reasons, people will flock in large number to watch a high quality match. This might make Barcelona or Inter to think about Indian market seriously (still now they testing this with this one off match). With, seriousness they would plan for tour of India for preseason (instead of south east Asia), the advantage at that time would be that these team have to play local team not once but 3-4 times including bext XI league. Playing a low quality match for these mighty teams might scare them for good. "<b>Sometimes you need to loose some fights to win the battles once for all</b>"</font></div>
    There is a bad news. Kushal Das has quashed the possibility of holding the match in such a short notice. For these kind of matches, the permission should be sought 1  month in advance from the sports ministry acc to the rule, which is not possible
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">I guess I was last to see the news(yet)!!! A great news for fans in India!!! I am wishing the match is after 21st becoz I would be there after that and would a dream come true for me to watch the best in play in </span><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">our YBK. </b><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I was reading comments about turning this opportunity to help Indian football. There is no doubt about it Indian football fans will love that, but what I am wishing is that this exhibition match is purely of high quality. Reasons, people will flock in large number to watch a high quality match. This might make Barcelona or Inter to think about Indian market seriously (still now they testing this with this one off match). With, seriousness they would plan for tour of India for preseason (instead of south east Asia), the advantage at that time would be that these team have to play local team not once but 3-4 times including bext XI league. Playing a low quality match for these mighty teams might scare them for good. "<b>Sometimes you need to loose some fights to win the battles once for all</b>"</font></div>
    You are bang on target<br>