I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Sardar Patel Stadium, Navrangpura is a very good stadium. I saw it last during ICL matches.
    As the Motera stadium is under renovation, I am guessing that Navrangpura might be busy with cricket / Ranji trophy.
    Anyways good luck to them. Instead of  Rajasthan and MP,  Gujarat is a more sports loving state. Besides dominating Cricket, they need entry in Football scene.
    atuljgCarbon_14
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Excited to see AFC Cup in Ahmedabad. Hope to catch up a few of Minerva Punjab’s matches in there.
    munna219777atuljg
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    The I-League 2nd division groups are out.

Group1: Lonestar Kashmir, Hindustan FC, ARA FC, FC Goa, BFC

Group2: Fateh Hyderabad FC, FC Ozone, South United, KBFC, CFC

Group3: Chhinga Veng, TRAU FC, New Barrackpore Rainbow, Mohammedan Sporting, ATK, JFC
    thebeautifulgameCarbon_14ashindia[Deleted User]munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    https://khelnow.com/news/article/i-league-second-division-2019-kick-off-12th-january

I-League Second Division set to kick-off on 12th January

Real Kashmir won the title last season, to win promotion to the top flight.

With the two top-division leagues already half-way through, the Hero 2nd League is all set to kick-off with local rivals Mohammedan Sporting and ATK Reserves facing off against each other at the Kalyani Stadium on Saturday, January 12.

This season, the Hero 2nd Division is set to see 16 teams participate in it, spanning the length and breadth of the country. The 2018-19 season of the tournament is set to feature four debutants – ARA FC (Ahmedabad), ATK Reserves (Kolkata), Chhinga Veng (Aizawl) and Rainbow AC (Kolkata).

“It was our endeavour to spread the game throughout the country. It’s good to have a team from Gujarat for the first time, along with teams from other parts of the country,” said I-League CEO Sunando Dhar.

Interestingly, with the addition of ARA FC, the Hero 2nd Division League now has teams from all four corners of India.

The Hero 2nd Division League has acted as platforms for a number of clubs, before they went on to shine in the Hero I-League. NEROCA FC, who finished runners-up in the Hero I-League last season are at the same position in the current campaign, and Real Kashmir, who won the 2nd Division last season, and are challenging for the I-League title this time, are prime examples of that.

Along with these clubs there is also Aizawl FC, who came through the ranks to eventually win the Hero I-League 2016-17.

“The standard of the second division league has been improving every year, and we have seen teams come through the second division, like Aizawl FC, NEROCA FC and Real Kashmir, who are doing very well in the I-League. This augurs well for Indian football,” Dhar.

The Hero 2nd Division League is set to be played across three groups, with the teams facing-off against each other in a round-robin format. Each team is set to face each other twice in the home and away format in the respective groups.

The top teams from Group A and B, and the top two sides of Group C (barring the reserve sides of the ISL clubs) will make it to the final round, where the four sides will play each other twice in the home and away format. The team that finishes top of the table in the Final Round will be crowned champions, and earn promotion.

Group A: Lonestar FC, Hindustan FC, ARA FC, Bengaluru FC (R), FC Goa (R).

Group B: KBFC (R), Chennaiyin FC (R), South United, Ozone FC, Fateh Hyderabad.

Group C: ATK (R), JFC (R), Md. Sporting, Rainbow AC, Chhinga Veng, TRAU.

munna219777Carbon_14
    ATK Reserves beat Mohammedan Sporting 2-0. Thomyo L. Shimray and Sheikh Azaruddin scored the winners
    Carbon_14sparta
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    edited January 2019
    I thought MSC was serious about second division
    munna219777
    Seems ATK (R) was more serious ;)
    Deb_Banhadfadkarspartamunna219777[Deleted User]
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Is Sanjoy Sen managing that team?
    No someone called degge Cardozo 
    Carbon_14
    FT NBRFC 0-0 CVFC

FT OFC 1-0 SUFC

Looks like no one is interested in 2nd division this season.
    munna219777Carbon_14thebeautifulgame[Deleted User]sparta