Indian Super Cup 2019

Comments

• indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Minerva FC are using Kalinga Stadium for AFC Cup matches. That might be the reason why they are there.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Their next Home match at Kalinga Stadium for AFC Cup will be 1st May against Manang (Nepal).

Because of non-availability of stadium due to Super Cup, AFC Cup schedule was changed slightly.  Minerva vs Chennaiyin fixtures were reversed. First two games of Minerva are away now.

They are definitely here for Super Cup.
    Last year also they did the same thing. Not playing, boycott and then they suddenly appeared.
    DEFENCE123
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Bajaj is the king of drama
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7108 Points
    I want to search for the skeleton waiting meme for the IL teams but I'm too lazy .
    munna219777
  • samsam 16425 Points
    I think Kashmir got walkover as Minerva didn't go to Kashmir to play the match on 12 dec
    DEFENCE123
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Their match is on April 2nd. Lot off time.
    Not confirming does not mean withdrawing.
    They are sulking, thats it !!!
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points

So here is what happens if the I-League clubs boycott the tournament and do not turn up for their matches according to Article 10 of Super Cup rules and regulations:

Clubs shall play in all Competition matches once entered.

Clubs that withdraw prior to the start of the Competition may be replaced by another team as decided by the AIFF.

The Participating Club that withdraws from the Competition after its commencement shall:

If a club withdraws from the Competition after it has commenced; or does not report for any of its matches, refuses to continue any of its matches at any stage or leaves the stadium prior to the completion of any of its match/es, it shall be considered to have withdrawn from the competition.

Have all its matches cancelled and considered null and void. All points and goals in those matches shall not be taken into consideration and shall be expunged from official records.

The opponent team shall be declared winners with a three - zero (3-0) margin

Be required to pay compensation for any and all damages or losses suffered by, where applicable, the other Participating Club/s, the AIFF, the AIFF commercial right partners, licensees, broadcasters and the concerned Member Association.

Be disqualified from taking part in next edition of the Competition from which it withdrew. The AIFF Executive Committee may extend the suspension depending on the gravity of the situation and/or impose further damages as deemed appropriate by it.

Be referred to the AIFF Disciplinary Committee for determination of the compensation amount and additional sanctions. Depending upon the gravity of the offence, the case may be referred to the AIFF Executive Committee for final decision.

The above sanctions are not applicable in cases of Force Majeure recognised by the AIFF in consultation with the concerned Match Officials. The AIFF shall take whatever action it deems necessary in cases of Force Majeure.

In addition to this, If a team does not turn up for a match they will have to pay a fine of Rs. 10,00,000 according to Article 26.2.1.2 of Super Cup rules and regulations.

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/super-cup-2019-what-happens-i-league-clubs-withdraw/1ngudt2s29goq1uzagcj8j9v9t

munna219777Carbon_14sparta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited March 2019
    If a club withdraws from the Competition after it has commenced; or does not report for any of its matches, refuses to continue any of its matches at any stage or leaves the stadium prior to the completion of any of its match/es, it shall be considered to have withdrawn from the competition.

LMAO haha  :D