Gokulam Kerala FC

lithinthomaslithinthomas 237 Points
edited November 2019 in Indian Football Clubs
Gokulam Kerala Football Club is an Indian professional football club based in Kozhikode, Kerala. The club has competed as a member of I-League under license from All India Football Federation (AIFF). Gokulam FC is the current champions in Durand Cup. They also run a Team in the Indian Women's League.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gokulam_Kerala_F.C.

http://gokulamkeralafc.com/
thebeautifulgameindian_goonermunna219777ashindiaNagendrakartik91

Comments

•  Gokulam Kerala FC reserve team face Sikkim Himalayan Club in the pre-quarterfinal of the 39 th All-India Governor’s Gold Cup in Sikkim on Thursday.

The team reached Sikkim for the prestigious cup two days ago after winning the Independence Day Cup in Assam. The reserve team has already won two titles this year in their preparatory tournaments ahead of the Kerala Premier League.

Indian Super League team Jamshedpur FC Reserve Team, Mohammedan’s SC, Punjab Police, and Army Red are the other main teams taking part in the tournament.

“The players we signed for reserve team are the best. Though most of the players have joined the Santosh Trophy team of Kerala, we were able to win titles this year. The pre-season of the reserve team is aimed at grooming them for the Kerala Premier League. Also some players will get chances to play for I-League also,” said Bino George, the technical director of Gokulam Kerala FC.

“The team is in good condition. Players want to do their best and the preparation for the Kerala Premier League is going on smoothly. Like other tournaments, we want to win this title also,” said Shajirudheen Kopilan, the head coach of the reserve team.

Deb_Banmunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9955 Points
    Isn't the name 'Shri Gokulam Kerala FC'?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points
    Thanks for making the thread @lithinthomas. We need more threads for clubs like Minerva Punjab (rechristened Punjab FC), Real Kashmir FC etc. I remember that I had promised to make the thread on Jamshedpur FC but could not do so due to some personal problems. I still hope to make it some day ;)

@Deb_Ban: The club's official website cites it as Gokulam Kerala FC, though I have seen Shri Gokulam Kerala FC also being used
    http://gokulamkeralafc.com/
    indian_goonermunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9955 Points
    I saw in the Bangladesh media during Sheikh Kamal Gold Cup the name 'Shri Gokulam FC'
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    All Gokulam companies are named Sree Gokulam like Sree Gokulam Chit, Sree Gokulam Movies, Sree Gokulam Medical College, Sree Gokulam Hotels etc.
    thebeautifulgameindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points
    @Deb_Ban: Exactly...me too (clarification: I am not starting any movement :p :p )
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Gokulam FC has already made a dhamakedar start to the season by winning Durand Cup. One of the favourite team to win I-League this year.

Image result for gokulam fc durand cup

indian_goonerlithinthomasgiridharanDeb_BangoalkeeparCarbon_14
    GKFC reserve team in action in the Sikkim Gold Cup! Malabarians played well in the nerve-racking match but lost, 3-2, to Sikkim Himalayan Club. For Gokulam Kerala FC, Lalrinzuala scored the opener while Lalliansanga scored the second goal.
    munna219777
  • Why that field is looking black?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Paljor Stadium. It used to have artificial turf. What happened now ?