Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    debjit1925 wrote:
    and i think they went after Cavin Lobo after failing to sign Joachim Abranches. I think Morgan believes in having 2 quality players for the same position to make a strong reserve bench.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">thats a good approach though, if one gets injured or lean patch, other can fill in without affecting the team. Also, it maintains the competition within team too.</font></div>
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">
    reddevil87 wrote:
    </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    debjit1925 wrote:
    and i think they went after Cavin Lobo after failing to sign Joachim Abranches. I think Morgan believes in having 2 quality players for the same position to make a strong reserve bench.
     </font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">thats a good approach though, if one gets injured or lean patch, other can fill in without affecting the team. Also, it maintains the competition within team too.</font></div>

<br><div>Yes i think that has been Morgan's for last couple of years except the forward line which i hope will be rectified this year. Then we will be a force to reckon to</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited May 2012
    One thing is for sure, with forward line being altered (if Robin leaves too), EB forwards needs good amount of practice matches to gel properly. 
    Robin has extended his contract. Confirmed news.
  • debjit1925 wrote:
    @arsenalfan: But Opara is a center back unlike Robert who I thought would be the right back

<br><div><br></div><div>Robert is a center-back in your line-up.</div>
    <br>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    debjit1925 wrote:
    @arsenalfan: But Opara is a center back unlike Robert who I thought would be the right back

<br><div><br></div><div>Robert is a center-back in your line-up.</div>

<br><div>I meant raju and arnab as center backs, naoba and robert as left and right backs</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    @debjitda robert is a left back, naoba is right back.
    @arsenalfan there will be very less chances for saikat next season. India u23 regular side back avishek das ll be available [he couldn't pla this season due to knee operation], then eb has signed parmar jaspal from ssc, who was a regular starter as a right back for them. I can see very slim chances of saikat to start. He may not even start at cfl
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    @debjitda robert is a left back, naoba is right back.
    @arsenalfan there will be very less chances for saikat next season. India u23 regular side back avishek das ll be available [he couldn't pla this season due to knee operation], then eb has signed parmar jaspal from ssc, who was a regular starter as a right back for them. I can see very slim chances of saikat to start. He may not even start at cfl

<br><div><br></div><div>Then they should loan him to some lower div clubs/ even mid table club where he will get more playing time...</div><div><br></div><div>this is the way most of european top teams do with their young talents....i still wonder why our country's top clubs dont use this loan system??</div> 8-|
    thanks for the correction sourav
    @shankar: they might do that you know like they did with Abhra Mondal although I don't know how voluntary it was.