Movies

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I loved Once Upon a time in Hollywood. It was a wonderful ride through the 60s Hollywood. 
    munna219777
  • @Maddie, i also felt the same, it was boring affair.
    @giridharan said, only americans or people who have understanding of older hollywood movies would understand it. 
    @BrainFallINDIA yes that climax was unpredictable and the only good bit of the movie.
    atuljggiridharan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Once upon a Time in Hollywood was a fascinating and chilling movie. It was about references and great to see those personalities of 60s Hollywood with an altered Tarantino twist.
    Bruce Lee really had a fight with a stuntman.
    Margot Robbie, when she entered the cinema, was watching the actual clips of Sharon Tate who was murdered.
    That Hitchhiker Pussycat whom Brad Pitt gave a ride to Spahn ranch really existed and her job was to entice rich guys to the Ranch.
    The Ranch was populated by Hippies.
    Guys at the house of Polanski, Tate, Sebring were all real.
    Only twist was that DiCaprio and Brad Pitt happened to be there and those Manson Family Hippies entered their house instead of Polanski's. The Hippies got killed insted of killing other people.
    atuljgindian_gooner
  • What parasite have done for korea may be tumbbad had done for india if it was India's oscar entry instead of gully boy..
    munna219777BrainFallINDIAdev_pfcatuljg
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7106 Points
    Gullyboy is not even half the quality of Tumbbad or Jellikettu .
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Tumbbad is a brilliant film.
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    But even Tumbaad wouldn't  have got the final nomination.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    They never send worthy movies for consideration at Oscars. Ideally, the National award best picture should be send as India's entry. 
    dev_pfc
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Lot of politics and lobbying is done by influential people (mostly Producers with political connections) to send their entry. govt. funding plus opportunity to build international networking for future projects is at stake. Thats why good films are left out if they are not made by famous people.
    For Oscar, we are looking at an international audience & they got their own agenda driven criteria.
    Oscar didnt select American film "Straight Outta Compton", then Gully Boy was an absolute garbage in comparison.
    In recent years, "The Lunchbox" was a wonderful film but it was not sent as Oscar entry.
    dev_pfcindian_gooner
  • havent seen gully boy but may be they chose Gully boy cos it had portrayal of poor people( probably they thought it would be easy to replicate slumdog millionaire) ... 

I saw tumbbad , it is good but nothing extraordinary  although I love their effective use of rain in cinematography