U-20 I-league 2012

Comments

• reddevil87 wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Surprising enough, Pune didnt loose a single match at all yet in the competition.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">scored 29 goals and only conceded 5 goals!!! A impressive results!! One thing is for sure pune's future squad would have core from this youth team and they would be pretty difficult to beat!!!</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well that depends. Remember that Pune FC Academy played a GRAND TOTAL of 9 games through the WHOLE tournament. Of course to some who would rather spend on other useless tournaments this is fine but for now we must deal with it.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway I doubt the Academy kids will make it really. 9 games in the U20 league, a few games in the Pune Super Division and a tournament in Nepal dont really scream I-League to me. We have a long way to go before these kids can really be good enough to play in I-League for a team like Pune FC.</div><div><br></div><div>Personally I would love to see Pune FC do another first in Indian football and start a "B" team. It is obvious that Indian football will never have a Reserve League because the clubs are so inclined to play in state leagues. So how about Pune do what a club like Barcelona does and make a Pune FC "B" and have them play in the I-League 2nd Division.</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    AIFF won't allow a B team to play in the I-League 2, AFC criteria etc.<div>Reserve teams can play Durand, IFA Shield and a whole list of other tournaments across the country.</div><div><br></div><div>Besides 2nd DIv is a 2 month affair, the other tournaments run throughout the year & are better for a developmental team</div><div><br></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    PFC already have a b team
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited May 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">just saw this...in kolkattafootballs.com</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">19.05.2012: </span><font color="red" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Mumbai FC </b></font><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">  5-1   </b><span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; "></span><font color="blue" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Churchill Brothers </b></font><span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">(Kalyani - Second Half in Progress)</span>
    </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">what is wrong with non maharashtra teams???are they seriously not giving 100 or is maharashtra team too good??</span></div><div><font face="arial, sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px;"><br></span></font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    wow.. Pune FC have done really really well.. Followed by Mumbai FC..<br><br>What is different about Pune/ Mumbai and d rest of the u20 Teams?..is it because of the small pool of teams and just a month of game time?. <br><br>Pune Have been phenomenal!!, but i will find it hard to  belive that the other teams are that bad.... all the more surprised that Dempo have done this badly!!.<br><br>Very Happy for Mumbai FC  youth teams are this god considering that the senior team were flirting with relagation.<br>
  • Jayesh Rane will lead all Indians next season in scoring... YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    Jayesh Rane will lead all Indians next season in scoring... YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

<br><div><br></div><div>there are more players like manuel dsouza, puia who are already in mumbai fc so i dont see jayesh getting much chance at least in coming season....</div><div>it would have been good had someone scouted players in league and get them to arrows for at least one year for loan ...would have been good thing for the players as well for the clubs</div>
  • You never know, maybe there was and if you read the Mumbai FC history on there page they mention Jayesh and you can tell the person who wrote that really likes Jayesh.
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    You never know, maybe there was and if you read the Mumbai FC history on there page they mention Jayesh and you can tell the person who wrote that really likes Jayesh.

<br><div><br></div><div>The guy who manages the page is their marketing head ronak i guess....but i doubt whether khalid will give him chance as he is the one with all rights to select the team</div>
  • True. Still I hope Jayesh gets a chance in Durand Cup or Fed Cup.