Indian Super League 2020-21: New Expectations, New Challenges

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Congratulations Mumbai City. 

I haven't watched today's match. Based on highlights & stats, it looks like an even game.  But MCFC are deserved champions and in final, foul on Bipin looks like a penalty.

Though I'm not a fan of Bipin Singh. He is excellent this season. Adam le Fondre is a team player. It's better for Mumbai City if they can sign him permanently.

Good to hear Amay Ranawade is stable and conscious. I wish him speedy recovery.
    Deb_Banmunna219777giridharankartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    East Bengal fans are happy
    Deb_Banashindia
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Hope now our dear friend has understood why Arindam is not in Igor list and not even having a contract with "chatros" :smiley:
    Ronnyashindiagoalkeepar
    I stopped watching the game and started praying. Its a bid relief that Amay is stable now. 
    souravindiamunna219777Nagendra
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    I was shocked. Hope he recovers quickly.
    dhritiman7
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I tried to search for the video of his injury on YouTube. I was shocked to see videos proclaiming his death and RIP. How cheap can some people get to gain a few thousand views?
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777ashindiagoalkeeparkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    Arindam certainly made a blunder yesterday that cost his team the second goal, but we should remember that he received the Golden Ball for making 59 saves throughout the tournament and having 10 clean sheets, with a minute per goals ratio of 108.95. Only Amrinder (61 saves) had made more saves than him. I don't think that a single, or a couple, of errors can negate the stellar role he played in his team's progress to the final. Even yesterday, he made an amazing save from Hugo Boumos' shot.

Such mistakes happen to the best of goalkeepers. If we remember the 2002 World Cup, Oliver Kahn almost single-handedly propelled Germany to the final by pulling off one astonishing save after another in match after match, only to make a terrible blunder in the final to gift Brazil their first goal.

As for Stimac not selecting him, we have to remember that the errors Arindam made-in the previous match and this one-were made after the squad had been selected. So, I am not quite sure on what basis Arindam was left out. Based on current form, are Subhashish, Dheeraj and Vishal Kaith better than him?
    Deb_BanNagendraashindiagoalkeeparkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    edited March 2021
    EB fans would have been happy if Mohun Bagan had lost. The team ATK MB is a completely new entity that is comprised almost entirely of the erstwhile ATK players, coach and support stuff, with practically no resemblance to what we knew as "Mohun Bagan".
    deepak dedhamunna219777indian_goonerDeb_Banatuljgashindiagoalkeepargiridharankartik91
    edited March 2021
    I would like to clarify on Arindam. Stats is such a poor tool. He did not concede because of Tiri, Kotal and Jhingan. Once they committed mistakes he conceded. His saves came mostly from shot straight at him. (One can argue that his positioning is superb, thats true to some extent)
    Against Hyderabad he conceded easy goal otherwise ATKMB wold have won the league that day itself. He was lazy to get down. 
    He was once most promising. Recall his performance in 2009 SAFF. He is still a good GK may be a complete GK with good positioning, shot stopping, kicking and distribution everything he has in him. 
     But in the last season he stood tall when it mattered, but this season he let his team down when it matters most. Not only in final, throughout the season he has been inconsistent. 
    Against Kerala, he was in advanced position unnecessary when Murray scored. Against Mumbai in last league match he conceded soft goals. Hence from stat it is difficult to judge him until someone watched him closely. 
    He committed foul outside box against NE, which should have been a straight red. In group league he fouled Vikrampratap inside box which should have been a straight red. Again went unnoticed. Yesterday he palmed the ball straight to Bumo who skied the ball. I can point out n no of mistakes he committed this season. 
    In a nutshell he did not do any justice to his true potential but honestly GSS, Amrinder and Subhasish will be picked up by any coach based upon this years performance. 
    Yes I agree he is way better than Dheeraj, Kaith at present but may be Igor want a GK for future considering age factor. 

gaffertapeG_Kdev_pfcmunna219777souravindiaindian_goonerthebeautifulgameDeb_BanatuljgNagendraand 1 other.