India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• DarkoDarko Mumbai177 Points
    This is what I think should be the workload cycle of an Olympian between the 4 years:

1st year: Incorporate feedback from the Olympic performance - address flaws & build up strength.

2nd year: Compete in major tournaments to measure the performance & qualify for the next Olympics.

3rd year: Address the feedback from the tournaments & compete one last time in the upcoming tournaments.

4th year: No competition. Pure conditioning. Profiling the strong opponents & working on tactics & strategy against them. Goal is to be in the best shape (physically & mentally) and have a plan against each opponent.
    munna219777masefieldtheoilfielddeepuindian_gooner
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Darko said:
    This is what I think should be the workload cycle of an Olympian between the 4 years:

1st year: Incorporate feedback from the Olympic performance - address flaws & build up strength.

2nd year: Compete in major tournaments to measure the performance & qualify for the next Olympics.

3rd year: Address the feedback from the tournaments & compete one last time in the upcoming tournaments.

4th year: No competition. Pure conditioning. Profiling the strong opponents & working on tactics & strategy against them. Goal is to be in the best shape (physically & mentally) and have a plan against each opponent.
    It's easier said than done. Slight leeway can be given because due to India's precarious Covid situation Indians weren't allowed to compete in many tournaments because they were denied participation.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Regarding Bajrang, I never considered him a favourite. His defence isn't that great.

Moreover, he should be now win bronze medal as he will go 60:40 favourite in the bronze medal match (most probably against Kazakh opponent) and if he wins a bronze medal, then I feel it should be considered as a decent performance.
    Carbon_14spartamunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Despite losing Gold medal round, Ravi Kumar Dahiya looked very calm & confident in final.

Regarding Bajrang, Last time he competed against Kazak Wrestler in World Championship S.F, he lost based on no of highest scoring points ( Tie with 9-9 points after regular time). But as @Bad said, he is favorite to win Bronze medal (60:40)
    ashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    edited August 2021
    Athletics:
    We had one of best performance from our Men's 400m men's relay team. We missed the final (< 1 sec) by finishing 9th (overall).

As per reports, it is an Asian Record ( 3 minutes + some milli-seconds)  & 4th leg by Amoj Jacob is excellent. I will try to find out video & will post here.
    Carbon_14munna219777G_KdeepuBad
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Bajrang has a kneecap and he is injured. 
    Still he managed to win two fights due to good tactics. 
    But other wrestlers will figure out his move to stay passive and pass 30 seconds, protect his leg and go for counter attack.  
    I will give 60 % probability to Kazakh wrestler in winning this Bronze Medal 
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited August 2021
    I saw that Bajrang match(9-9 one). It was in Kazakhstan World Championship semi-finals.

The match was in balance 2-2 with about 2 minutes to go. Bajrang threw his opponent and should have gotten 4 points( but they gave 4points to his opponent, probably cheating as the event was in Kazakhstan, trust me it was fishy).Moreover, Indians Challenged it and lost it so further 1 point was given to his opponent which made the score 7-2. Bajrang, then lost the plot for some time and gave another 2 points in order to try that extra bit).

With 1min 30 sec to go,he composed himself and started garnering points and in the end  the score was tied and he was mighty close to overturn 9-2 deficit within a span of 1min 30 sec.

Therefore, I am saying that Bajrang is the favourite if he is fit(he looked fit enough to me against Haji Aliyev).
    Carbon_14Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Athletics:
    We had one of best performance from our Men's 400m men's relay team. We missed the final (< 1 sec) by finishing 9th (overall).

As per reports, it is an Asian Record ( 3 minutes + some milli-seconds)  & 4th leg by Amoj Jacob is excellent. I will try to find out video & will post here.
    I saw it. All ran decently. Great effort by them.We only need a couple of them to reduce their time by a minute or everyone to take out point 50sec(which is very huge but not impossible) to be amongst the medals.
    The time of 2min:58sec could throw you in the mix for medals at global events.
    Carbon_14Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Despite losing Gold medal round, Ravi Kumar Dahiya looked very calm & confident in final.

Regarding Bajrang, Last time he competed against Kazak Wrestler in World Championship S.F, he lost based on no of highest scoring points ( Tie with 9-9 points after regular time). But as @Bad said, he is favorite to win Bronze medal (60:40)
    Yes, Ravi impressed me the very first time I saw him(World Championship 2019,where he won the bronze medal).

I still remember, when he won his match against Japanese World Champion  in the quarter finals(he literally bullied him).Then and there I realised that he is extreme talent. I always maintained that he had a better chance than Bajrang.
    Trust me, don't be surprised if he becomes the first ever Indian wrestler to win a Gold Medal in the next Olympics (less than 3 years away, not that long to go).
    NagendraspartaCarbon_14kartik91