FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    edited November 2021
    Now they will realize what some other nations in different confederations have to go through
    haritrams24indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    AFC has a different set of rules for AFC champions league, world cup qualifiers where matches are played in home and away format, stadiums have spectators.

For AFC cup and AFC Asian Cup Third Round, same AFC keeps on postponing the matches in the name of corona. Now new variant omnicron might further delay third round. They could have easily organised the Third Round now on the same dates WCQ were held 
    goalkeeparBoalhaharitrams24indian_gooner
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Old habits die hard I guess. AFC still has that elitist mentality where developing footballing nations are treated like second class citizens. I still haven't quite managed to forgive them for the shambolic 2010 and 2014 World Cup qualifying format. So much progress over that period went up in flames for us because they wanted to kick out the smaller nations as quickly as possible.
    haritrams24goalkeeparindian_goonermunna219777sparta
  • Ronny said:
    Now they will realize what some other nations in different confederations have to go through
    yes and now they will know the importance of 48 team wc and arsene wenger's proposal for wc after 2 years
  • I still haven't quite managed to forgive them for the shambolic 2010 and 2014 World Cup qualifying format. 

rightly put into words. one game and it was over.

munna219777giridharanAbhishek
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points

CAF World Cup qualification play off fixtures finalised 
    munna219777Boalhagiridharan
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    edited January 2022
    Nice spread. Except Ghana-Nigeria, all matches are Saharan vs Sub-Saharan countries. South African countries are absent though.
    I thought Ghana was out in the group stage.
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Mali looking to qualify for their first ever World Cup. Could be DR Congo's first since 1974  when they participated as Zaire and the world mercilessly made fun of them.
    Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Nigeria is Nigeria. Ivory Coast was also playing good.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited January 2022
    West Africa and North Africa has benefited immensely due to colonial era connections to France. So many of their footballers are either born in France or moved at young age with families to train at academies in France.

Other parts of africa, South and East have lagged behind.

@Deb_Ban ;  For world cup Qualifiers, Ivory Coast lost in 2nd Round while Ghana topped their Group.

In Africa Cup of Nations, Ivory Coast is going great guns while Ghana lost in group stage.

Very competitive
    Carbon_14Deb_Banindian_goonergiridharan