I-League 2021-2022: 'Pan-Indian football' at its best

Comments

• deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    Rajasthan FC lodged formal complaint against Punjab FC as  they fielded an Robin Singh who's an ineligible player in their match day squad. Robin Singh was issued a red card in his last I-League match against EB on march 9, 2020. He was supposed to serve one match ban which he didn't since his last game. 
    munna219777giridharanspartaRonnyindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29608 Points

I-League In Kolkata Hit By COVID-19, At Least 11 Players, Officials Down With Coronavirus

I-League 2021-22 is likely to be suspended after several players and officials have tested positive for coronavirus in Kolkata. 

The I-League organising committee tweeted on Wednesday confirming the positive cases. According to sources, at least 11 persons associated with various teams have contracted the virus, but no official details have been released yet. 

“There have some positive cases reported among certain #HeroILeague teams. The League is keeping a close tab on it and have already spoken to the clubs. In addition, an emergency meeting of the League Committee has also been summoned in the afternoon. Further details soon,” tweeted I-League.

A senior official of the All India Football Federation confirmed the positive COVID-19 cases. It is learnt that the 11 have been hit and isolated. These include five players and three officials of Real Kashmir football team. 

The teams are in a bio-bubble in four different Kolkata hotels. Yet an official each of Aizawl FC, Mohammedan Sporting and Srinidhi have contated the coronavirus.

The I-League organising committee is meeting at 4 PM on Wednesday to take stock of things. "Yes, we will have to suspend the tournament but we haven't decided the duration," a senior official told Outlook.

COVID and its new variant Omicron has been causing havoc across the world and several sports events have been hit. Last season, I-League staged a virus-free championship.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/sports-news-covid-19-trips-i-league-15-players-down-with-coronavirus/407270

ashindiamunna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Why isn’t FSDL/AIFF detecting cases in ISL ?? 

What now ? I-League to be a knock out tournament or canceled this year ? 
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29608 Points

League Committee holds emergency meeting via video-conferencing

Mr. Subrata Dutta, Senior Vice President, All India Football Federation, and Chairman, League Committee chaired an emergency AIFF League Committee Meeting held via video conferencing today (December 29, 2021).

Besides, AIFF General Secretary Mr. Kushal Das and League CEO Mr. Sunando Dhar, Mr. Lalnghinglova Hmar, Mr. Chirag Tanna, Mr. Rochak Langer attended the meeting, while leave of absence was granted to Mr. Souter Vaz, Mr. Anil Kumar, and Mr. BK Roka. Dr. Harsh Mahajan, a Padma Shri, a member of the AIFF Sports Medical Committee was also present as a special invitee, as was Mr. Abhishek Yadav, Deputy General Secretary, AIFF.

The Committee deliberated at length about the current situation wherein positive cases have been detected among participating teams in the ongoing Hero I-League 2021-22, and also took into serious consideration Dr. Mahajan’s suggestions to adhere to medical parameters, and move forward together without making any compromise on the health of the players which is of paramount importance.

Dr. Mahajan, informed that there needs to be bare minimum contact among all for the next 5-7 days as studies indicate that both the Delta and Omicron variant can be passed onto other human bodies within the period.

Acting on the advice, the Committee hence, unanimously decided to postpone the Hero I-League 2021-22 matches for the next round which were scheduled on December 30-31, 2021.

All players, staff, and referees have already been tested today, and will be tested again on January 1 and January 3, 2022 respectively. The League will review the situation once all test results come in on January 4, 2022, and reach a consensus thereafter including the next round matches on Jan 4-5.

Meanwhile, all the players who have tested positive have already been moved to isolation with AIFF monitoring and arranging for subsequent regular medical consultations.

https://www.the-aiff.com/article/league-committee-holds-emergency-meeting-via-video-conferencing

munna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Sources close to the development confirmed that one of the team hotels that hosted Sreenidi Deccan, Real Kashmir and Rajasthan used their bubble staffs for the Christmas celebration. That was the first breach of the bubble. Followed by this breach, at least fifteen players and officials of the seven teams were found COVID positive.

https://thebridge.in/football/breaking-i-league-set-to-be-suspended-after-breaching-bio-bubble-27804

Carbon_14ashindiaindian_gooneratuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    ILeague will be called off, tacit approval already taken from AFC to give the Cup spot to runners up of ISL. Also no more iLeague from 2024-25 season. One nation, one league, 12-14 team ISL. 
    indianFootballFanashindiaCarbon_14munna219777souravindiagiridharangoalkeeparindian_gooner