I-League 2021-2022: 'Pan-Indian football' at its best

Comments

• DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Whats the point of playing in bubble if this still happens? Might as well play normal home and away schedule like every other league in the world
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Breaking news :- I league Cancelled by AIFF after 40 players found positive for covid, other players to go home including foreigners
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29576 Points

The I-League was on Monday suspended for at least six weeks by the All India Football Federation after a Covid-19 outbreak hit the participating teams inside the bio-bubble in Kolkata.

It has been learnt that the total number of Covid-19 cases now stands at 45 after the latest round of tests which prompted the AIFF to suspend the league for six weeks.

The League Committee, abiding consensus of all participating clubs as per the suggestion of Dr Harsh Mahajan (member of AIFF Sports Medical Committee) ratified the decision to postpone the ongoing I-League 2021-22 for at least 6 weeks,” the AIFF said in a release.

The I-League Committee, chaired by senior AIFF vice-president Subrata Dutta, will have a review meeting after four weeks to take stock of the situation and decide the future course of action.

The health protocols of the bio-bubble will continue till January 7, as all teams will be tested again on Wednesday. The teams can travel back to their respective destinations once they are tested negative.

Players and officials, who have tested positive in the team hotels and have already been isolated, will be treated and quarantined in Kolkata as per the health parameters laid down. They will be allowed to leave the bio-bubble after they test negative.

https://scroll.in/field/1014229/indian-football-with-rising-covid-19-cases-in-bio-bubble-i-league-postponed-by-at-least-six-weeks

munna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Mr. Subrata Dutta, Senior Vice President, All India Football Federation, and Chairman, League Committee chaired the AIFF League Committee Meeting held via video conferencing today (Monday, 03 January 2022).

Mr. Lalnghinglova Hmar, Mr. Chirag Tanna, Mr. Rochak Langer attended the meeting, while leave of absence was granted to Mr. Souter Vaz, Mr. Anil Kumar, and Mr. BK Roka. Besides, AIFF General Secretary Mr. Kushal Das, League CEO Mr. Sunando Dhar, COO Ms. Swati Kothari, Mr. Gursimran Brar, Director of Legal Affairs and International Relations, and members from the League department attended the meeting.

Earlier in the day, the League had gathered for an official meeting with representatives all the participating clubs of the Hero I-League 2021-22 (also via video conferencing), wherein the AIFF put forward to the clubs the suggestion of Dr. Harsh Mahajan, a Padma Shri, and a member of the AIFF Sports Medical Committee.

Dr. Mahajan informed the clubs that with the number of positive cases rising all over the country exponentially, the new covid norms and restrictions being implemented by the Government of West Bengal, and with the philosophy of AIFF not allowing any compromise with the health and safety of the players and officials, it’s prudent that the Hero I-League 2021-22 be postponed by at least 6 weeks, a fact which was corroborated by all the participating clubs in the meeting.

The clubs also unanimously appreciated the efforts taken by the AIFF to give paramount importance to the health of the players and officials.

Thereafter, the League Committee, abiding by consensus of all the participating clubs as per the suggestion of Dr. Mahajan, ratified the decision to postpone the ongoing Hero I-League 2021-22 for at least 6 weeks. The League will have a review meeting after 4 weeks to take stock of the situation.

“The omicron variant spreads very fast but also comes down very rapidly. We also need to take account and consider the government regulations and policies,” Dr. Mahajan averred.

The protocol of the bio bubble will continue till January 7, as all teams will be tested again on January 5, and teams can travel back to their respective destinations once they are tested negative. Players and officials who have tested positive in the team hotels who have already been isolated will be treated, and quarantined in Kolkata as per the health parameters laid down and will be allowed to leave the bubble after they test negative.

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Blaming the clubs, West Bengal govt,

Also self praise -  The clubs also unanimously appreciated the efforts taken by the AIFF to give paramount importance to the health of the players and officials.

No mention of the Hotel where bio bubble was breached.

Carbon_14ashindiagoalkeeparRonnyDeb_Banindian_goonergiridharanatuljg
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29576 Points
    @munna219777: The bio-bubble was breached at the Novotel Hotel.

The outbreak happened at the Novotel Hotel, one of the three bio-bubbles, set up by the organisers for the football League that began on Sunday."

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/sports/i-league-hit-by-covid-outbreak-at-least-seven-players-test-positive/articleshow/88563577.cms

The Bengali daily Aajkaal reported today that of the 45 affected, 42 had been staying at the Novotel with 21 of them being players and support staff of Real Kashmir.
    indian_goonermunna219777Carbon_14
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    I-league thread is not pinned yet. Even though it has way more comments than ISL thread.

I-league faces discrimination on every level  :#
    munna219777goalkeeparDeb_Banindian_goonerRonny