International Football Leagues

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    seems like Burkina Faso have a good team. Unfortunately they haven't qualified to World cup till now.
    Cameroon had home advantage and Referee favored Cameroon in all 50-50 chances.

Have checked their wiki. I'm surprised to see Burkina Faso achievements in African Cup of Nations in last few years
    2013 - Runners-Up
    2017 - Third place
    2022(Now) - 4th place - Semi Finalist

munna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    @munna219777 have you watched B/R football’s “the champions “ series? 
    It’s 4-7 minute long episodes on champions league puns. Great to watch …. Hope new season comes soon 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Okay   No i havent seen it. I will watch it definitely
    Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    What a Penalty by Sadio Mane to win it for Senegal. 
    Good performance by Bernard Mendy , GK of Senegal.

I didn't like Egypt coaching staff tactics. 
    Mo Salah didn't get enough service upfront. Egyptian Substitutions were inspired by Penalty shootout. Their goalkeeper heroics kept them in the game but Senegal beat them in their own style.  
    NagendraThe real AG
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Carlos Queiroz teams are really boring to watch because he puts a lot of emphasis on the defensive part of the game. Egypt conceded just 2 goals.

He's the reason why Iran are so strong now. They have qualified for 3 World Cups in a row, because he paved the way for Iranian players to move and play in Europe using his connections.

That said, I'm glad Senegal won. As a neutral I can't help but gravitate towards teams that try to play enterprising football.
    Nagendraashindiamunna219777indian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Though I was neutral in entire game, was vying for Sadio Mane to score that penalty and pretty much happy after that last penalty kick. 

Senegal thoroughly deserved the win. Egypt played defensively because they are technically poor when compared to the likes of Senegal , Cameroon, Morocco & Ivory Coast.

Mendy obviously top class goalkeeper. But I liked Gabaski (Egypt). Not sure why he is not playing in top European league.
    munna219777indian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Boalha said:
    Carlos Queiroz teams are really boring to watch because he puts a lot of emphasis on the defensive part of the game. Egypt conceded just 2 goals.

He's the reason why Iran are so strong now. They have qualified for 3 World Cups in a row, because he paved the way for Iranian players to move and play in Europe using his connections.

That said, I'm glad Senegal won. As a neutral I can't help but gravitate towards teams that try to play enterprising football.
    Egypt team is basically 1 star and average players but still he managed to bring them to finals. Queiroz did the same with Iran team and made them one of the most defensively solid teams ever in Asia and that too with only local based players.  
    munna219777