Online Chatting

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    BTW, belated Happy Anniversary, IFN!! <3 <3  

How time flies...it is almost seven years now since I joined IFN.

From the very beginning, I felt welcomed by a group of ardent, passionate football fans who encouraged, supported and engaged with me at all levels. 

Two instances especially stand out 

1) The way most of the IFN members praised my rather clumsy attempts at translating the Krishanu Dey article was so heartwarming. It provided a huge boost and serves as a launching pad, so as to say, in undertaking the translation of other works. The most remarkable was the translation of the Moti Nandi story (which remains unfinished till date because of several factors, not least, my own lethargy) which was appreciated by all and sundry here. It gave me the confidence to take on other translation works, both here as well as in my professional sphere

2) My father passed away in 2020 after a prolonged illness. The way IFN members reached out to me during those heartbreaking times was an eye-opener to me. Their kind words made me feel that I was not alone, no not even in the virtual world,. I can say, unhesitatingly and without hyperbole, that I have come to look upon IFN as a second home away from home.

I was down with COVID recently and was suffering from depression. Even when everything seemed doom and gloom, I would wake up in the morning and check IFN. Any new post would, even momentarily, lift the veil of despondency and bring in a flicker of joy to me. As I have said, IFN is a sweet drug that "cheers but not inebriates"!

Vive la, IFN!!
    souravindiaNagendraashindiamunna219777Deb_BanG_Kgoalkeeparindian_goonernamewtheld
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    ;thebeautifulgame 

Wishing you fast recovery from both covid & depression and lead a healthy & happy life
    munna219777thebeautifulgamegoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Rest in Peace Lata Ji , 'Nightingale of India' , 'Queen of Melody' & 'Bharat Ratna'
    thebeautifulgameDeb_Ban
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    Thank you @Nagendra. I am completely cured of COVID, though I am yet to recover fully from depression

Nagendraindian_goonerashindia
  • its good that more people are coming out and saying they have depression. and many people are getting more info on it and are becoming sensitive.
    munna219777ashindiagiridharan
  • Admin please check who is alseycara, spamming all threads
    goalkeeparmunna219777indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Indian Football  condoles the death of former Blue Tigers forward N. Pappana, who passed away in his residence in Mysuru earlier yesterday (February 13, 2022).

Pappana made his international debut against Hong Kong in the 1968 Merdeka Cup, and has one goal to his name which he scored against Japan in the Merdeka Cup. He represented India in 3 matches.

At the domestic level, Pappana had scored a whopping 115 goals for Mohammedan Sporting, winning the Calcutta Football League in 1967, Bordoloi Trophy (1969, 1970), Stafford Cup (1968, 1970) and many other trophies.

He had also represented Bengal in the 1967 edition of the Santosh Trophy, and scored 2 goals.

indian_goonergiridharanMaddie
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Whats your estimate for Goa Elections ?

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    No one will get majority, at end bjp will form govt by buying MLA's 
    munna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner