I-League 2021-2022: 'Pan-Indian football' at its best

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    https://m.timesofindia.com/city/goa/after-last-years-heist-rajasthan-united-hunt-for-home-and-support/articleshow/91993366.cms Rajasthan United to withdraw from I League after failing to find a stadium in Jaipur and failing to find Marwadi investor's who are more interested in Bengali clubs. 
    munna219777Passideepak dedhagaffertapegiridharanindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2022
    Jaipur  
    Jodhpur 
    Udaipur 
    are the only three cities in Rajasthan with Airport and regular flight connectivity.

Stadiums with pavilion facilities are controlled by cricket association and other tenants. They are also busy with cricket activities.  Unlikely to share with I League clubs. 
    Deb_Bangoalkeepargiridharanindian_goonerashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    edited June 2022
    And thats why AIFF should not allow clubs from every Tom, Dick and Harry states to play in iLeague second division and iLeague. With our limited resources focus should only be in states where football infrastructure exists. Bengal, Kerala, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, J&K, Manipur, Mizoram and Sikkim - apart from these states and territories all other associations should be dissolved for better governance and focus. We do not have the money to build a football culture in non footballing states, passion doesnt get born without any rhyme or reason and out of the blue.
    munna219777giridharangoalkeeparsouravindiaCarbon_14indian_goonerashindiaPassi
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    And thats why AIFF should not allow clubs from every Tom, Dick and Harry states to play in iLeague second division and iLeague. With our limited resources focus should only be in states where football infrastructure exists. Bengal, Kerala, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, J&K, Manipur, Mizoram and Sikkim - apart from these states and territories all other associations should be dissolved for better governance and focus. We do not have the money to build a football culture in non footballing states, passion doesnt get born without any rhyme or reason and out of the blue.
    Absolutely and I agree. If we had focussed properly in areas where it was popular and laid out proper structure long back, others would have automatically fallen in to place. In India people follow a particular game based on success of national team and our priority should always have been to lay out structure so that it benefits our national team. Other areas and association's would have automatically fallen into place if we had success at Asian and world level. Instead we diverted our focus elsewhere with no results, lost focus and all passion where it mattered and now at crossroads where nothing matters
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Rajasthan have qualified on merit AIFF have not added them in I league, so your ideology of hate towards non footballing states has no base here.
    giridharanindian_goonerashindia
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    Rajasthan have qualified on merit AIFF have not added them in I league, so your ideology of hate towards non footballing states has no base here.
    There's no hate at all. But the question raised is a valid one. You cannot kill a region where grass grows green and instead shift focus to an arid region trying tongrow grass. Both are important but needs to be done precisely. Having representation from around the globe in football wc was important, but equally important to not let european and south american football representation die on account of it. I hope u understand what I mean
    munna219777
    edited June 2022
    Areas where infrastructure is present like Mumbai, Chennai become exclusive zones for ISL. 
    They do not allow I League team from that city 

So how will football grow then.
    Not allowing I league club from Mumbai as ISL Franchise wants exclusive hold over infrastructure. 

And 

Not allowing clubs from states like Rajasthan,  Madhya Pradesh because of stadium issues

Chennai city FC was sent to Coimbatore because Abhishake Bachhan has exclusive rights over channai
    U Mumba was not allowed to have I League Team from Mumbai as ISL team wants only one football team from the city
    souravindiaDeb_Bangoalkeepargiridharanindian_goonerG_Kashindia
    National Games / SAF Games / Asian Games play an important role in building sports infrastructure.
    Unfortunately National Games have been discontinued  post 2015.
    Khelo Games are low profile and hardly build any new infrastructure.
    Association / Club / Private company are not going to build any stadium. It has to be done by State / Central Government. National games type events are a good reason.
    goalkeepargiridharanindian_goonerashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Areas where infrastructure is present like Mumbai, Chennai become exclusive zones for ISL. 
    They do not allow I League team from that city 

So how will football grow then.
    Not allowing I league club from Mumbai as ISL Franchise wants exclusive hold over infrastructure. 

And 

Not allowing clubs from states like Rajasthan,  Madhya Pradesh because of stadium issues

Chennai city FC was sent to Coimbatore because Abhishake Bachhan has exclusive rights over channai
    U Mumba was not allowed to have I League Team from Mumbai as ISL team wants only one football team from the city
    FSDL and AIFF didnt shut down Mumbai FC and Chennai City FC. Their incompetence did! Coimbatore has an airport, a stadium and Chennai City got good crowd support, much better than what they had in Chennai itself. They could have easily rebranded as Coimbatore City FC. Anyways, I stand  by my point, AIFF made a mess by not focussing on states and regions where football infrastructure already existed.
    indian_goonermunna219777