FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    CONCACAF   and  AFC looks like most improved confederation this time.

Think about that
    Only 4 countries from CONMEBOL managed to qualify   Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador

5 from Africa and 6 from Asia went thru
    goalkeeparindian_goonerCarbon_14namewtheldkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    It does not really mean improvement. It's all slot based eventually. Yes Australia beat Peru but in my opinion they are like a European team and not an Asian team
    Carbon_14Deb_Banmunna219777EastBengalPride
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited June 2022
    Is india bidding for Asia cup 2023 ?
    It will be awesome if we see our team play in Asia cup in front of us...
    No need to bid. AIFF anyways wants to host next edition so lets fix our league first ? Improve NT and current infrastructure 
    dev_pfcCarbon_14Ronnyreddevil87gaffertapeindian_goonermunna219777EastBengalPride
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    CONCACAF   and  AFC looks like most improved confederation this time.

Think about that
    Only 4 countries from CONMEBOL managed to qualify   Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador

5 from Africa and 6 from Asia went thru
    I will wait for performance in WC. I'm expecting Iran to maybe qualify out of group stage ? They have home like conditions, tons of fans and probably easier group of all Asians ? 
    munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Even S.Korea comparatively got easier group with the likes of Portugal , Ghana & Uruguay
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Iran are having trouble organising friendlies. They were set to play against Canada, but the match got cancelled at the last minute after Iran booked flight tickets and made hotel reservations, due to political lobbying in Canada.

And then the Canadian players went on strike and cancelled their next friendly due to a disagreement with their FA over WC qualifying bonuses.
    indianFootballFanindian_goonermunna219777giridharanashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Iran is very closed being suspended by FIFA from world football, fingers crossed this happens before the WC. Sunni Arab countries and Israel + USA are doing non stop lobbying.
    munna219777indian_goonerashindia
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    No way are Iran going to be suspended before the World Cup. Their fans will easily fill up the stadiums and will guarantee lots of revenue for FIFA. Their two most famous clubs Esteghlal and Persepolis are suspended from AFC Champions League though, since they are state-owned and thus goes against AFC's club licensing regulations.

I'm hoping one or two AFC teams manage to go deep into the knockouts this time, but Japan and Korea have been drawn into tricky groups. I can't see the rest being able to muster too much.
    indian_goonermunna219777ashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3586 Points
    Fifa is so biased. They allow state owned teams like sheriff to play champions league and not the Iranian team. It's all their agenda.
    goalkeeparPassikartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    All politics, Fifa is control by USA and Arabs. 
    giridharanharitrams24