Sandesh Jhingan

1101112131416»

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3394 Points
    Ronny said:
    Most people on this forum are such low life's man. Kind of disgusting..making personal attacks and being keyboard warriors. Making fun of a player who tries to play outside of India. Not sure what pleasure most people get out that
    ifn members don't attack personally to the player. it is because of some incidents and attiude related at one point of time. the problem here is too much hype is given when a players like jhinghan, chhetri etc who are national team regulars try their luck in european leagues at the age which I think is not appropriate to make such move.

the best thing is to do try their luck like Dheeraj singh  at very young age like upto 18,19 and be back in India if things doesn't go right.
    Carbon_14goalkeeparmunna219777giridharanashindia
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    @giridharan
    while he may have a profile in India, I think there are several better defenders all across Asia that these clubs go for. But they still are in for him? I think these clubs are doing this to promote their clubs/leagues because of the large Indian audiences.

If Jhingan goes abroad and becomes even third choice behind regular starters, I would take back my words and happily accept I was wrong. But I doubt it.
    Carbon_14giridharangoalkeeparindian_goonerashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3586 Points
    @The real AG
    Not defending Jhingan, But he came up to second choice on sub bench. With the change of coach, he was no longer part of the plans. According to the info, He also tried to play through injury and worsened it. 

But I think Sana, Apuia and Hormi and so many 20- 25 year olds could all take a stab at Croatian league or similar low level league in the future. I can bet you they can make it to the first team squad consistently. Probably not Jhingan with his recent performances. He looks a shadow of his old self nowadays :wink: Indian "Harry Maguire" as of now.
    indian_goonerThe real AG
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29577 Points

Sandesh Jhingan’s ATK Mohun Bagan future looks bleak

ATK Mohun Bagan could sever ties with Sandesh Jhingan, who, it seems, has not impressed coach Juan Ferrando in the latter part of the last ISL and the AFC Cup matches played last month. Jhingan hasn’t been able to fit into the coach’s scheme of things and that’s one of the main reasons his future in ATK Mohun Bagan looks bleak.

Ferrando, it has been learnt, wants another foreign defender in his preferred 3-5-2 system which makes the India centre-back more of a surplus. ATK Mohun Bagan have already roped in talented right-back Asish Rai from Hyderabad FC.

Jhingan joined ATK Mohun Bagan in 2020 preceded by a lot of hype. He moved to Croatian side HNK Sibenik last summer but had a disastrous stay owing to an injury.

He returned to ATK Mohun Bagan in the second half of last season but by that time Ferrando had replaced compatriot Antonio Lopez Habas. The Spaniard prefers to play from the back and Jhingan, not being a ball-playing central defender, sometimes struggle to fit into the picture.

“He is very good when you need dogged defending like India’s goalless away tie against Qatar in September 2019 but he needs to work on his comfort-level with the ball,” a former India player had told The Telegraph during the recently-concluded AFC Asian Cup Qualifers.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/sports/football/sandesh-jhingans-atk-mohun-bagan-future-looks-bleak/cid/1871496

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Jinghan going to German 4th division 
    giridharanindian_goonerashindia
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    I think he only had contract till the end of current season, so technically he is a free agent. 
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    Nepal Super league can sign him as a marquee foreigner 
    giridharanindian_goonerashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29577 Points

Sandesh Jhingan may miss rest of ISL season with injury

India and FC Goa central defender could need ACL reconstruction surgery

Sandesh Jhingan’s season may be over due to the knee injury he suffered in the Asian Cup. It is possible that the central defender and one of the team leaders will also miss India’s World Cup qualifiers in June. And that includes the crucial home game against Kuwait on June 6, a match on which hinges India’s chances of making the third round of the qualifiers for the first time.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/sports/football/sandesh-jhingan-may-miss-rest-of-isl-season-with-injury-101708834427073.html
    giridharan