Churchill Brothers News

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    if its 9 crores do some foreign exposure for team each preseason or send some promising juniors to foreign academys or open junior acaemy
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    bt looking at current news coming from varca is that they are renovating varca stadium and working on infra structure </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">They promised an 5000 Seater AFC certified Stadium and good that they are on their job unlike spending all 13-15 crores on King Cobra or some Black Mumba.</font></div>
  • I just hate the club for being a "family-club" in the top division of Indian Football and of course... name.<div><br></div><div>BRING ON THE HATERS!</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    I just hate the club for being a "family-club" in the top division of Indian Football and of course... name.<div><br></div><div>BRING ON THE HATERS!</div>
    <div>+100000 from me too...</div><div>hate these family clubs</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@arsenalfan @shankar - Being senior members please don't provoke needless arguments in threads where proper discussions are going on. How many times have we caught into these kinds of debates in threads where something better can be discussed. We have lost members also because of that.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now, someone else will challenge these comments, and you guys will say that its our opinion. That's no excuse, I think the same comment has been given many times, why ruin the Churchill news thread with this? Has anyone asked you guys this?</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Be mature</font></div>
  • <font size="2" style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; ">
    Admin wrote: »
    </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">@arsenalfan @shankar - Being senior members please don't provoke needless arguments in threads where proper discussions are going on. How many times have we caught into these kinds of debates in threads where something better can be discussed. We have lost members also because of that.</font><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now, someone else will challenge these comments, and you guys will say that its our opinion. That's no excuse, I think the same comment has been given many times, why ruin the Churchill news thread with this? <b style="background-color: rgb(51, 255, 255);">Has anyone asked you guys this?</b></font></div><font size="2" style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; ">

</font><br><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">Um, how do I put this... you asked me,</div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: 10pt; ">Why u say so?" That was what you said to me after I said "Relegation?"</span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: 10pt; ">And basically I replyed. Actually your comment should have been there to but I am on the school computer.</span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: 10pt; ">Also while on the subject why not give our views. Is it wrong to have a negative opinion... lets not make this be like the "India national football team" facebook page (Which is slowly dying, thank god) where if you say the opposite of what the page owner says then you are automatically targeted by the owner and then harrased by other users. </span></div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    <h1 style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-size: 26px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Churchill ties up with ex-Liverpool midfielder for academy</h1><div class="postedBy" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 5px; font-size: 12px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Panaji Feb 5, (PTI) :</div><a name="top" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "></a><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; "></span><p style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(54, 54, 54); line-height: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Goan heavyweights Churchill Brothers will set up a football academy at Cana Bednaulim near here in association with former Liverpool midfielder-turned- commentator Steve McMohan.</b></p><p style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(54, 54, 54); line-height: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "></p><p style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(54, 54, 54); line-height: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">The academy will have an Asian Football Confederation (AFC)-approved class 'A' stadium with 5,000-strong capacity. The Goa Government has provided land on a 33-year lease for the institute.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Churchill, who have tied up with the Steve McMohan Football Academy (SMFA) for the project, plans to select 240 boys from all over the country in the age groups of under-8, 10, 12, 14 and 16, each consisting of 22 players.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">The boys will have to stay at the academy, to be known as the Steve McMohan Churchill Brothers Football Academy, for a five-year period before moving on. They will be trained by coaches from the SMFA and their education will be looked after by the institute.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">The boys will be given international exposure and play against age group teams in Europe, Latin America and Africa.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">The Goa outfit also plans to organise a tournament, Churchill International Cup, once the academy is put in place.</p><p style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(54, 54, 54); line-height: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Talking to media here today, McMahon said, "It will take one to two years to put an infrastructure in place for the academy."<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">"Boys from the U-8 group onwards will undergo training at the academy. Then only can India can harbour hopes of making an entry into the World Cup," he said.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">"A football academy and building a World Cup team is not a one day job. It requires detailed planning and professional execution," McMohan.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">"The academy must have good infrastructure and the coaches need to be trained first before they start training the boys," McMohan said.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">He also praised the Churchill Brothers for running a successful football club for a long time now.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Churchill Alemao, the parton of the Goa club, said his dream is to see India play in the World Cup. "I will work hard to see my dream come true."<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">He said the Indian football team should constitute a separate pool of players who will play only for the country and not any club.</p><p style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(54, 54, 54); line-height: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">"Today everybody is spending on cricket. But football, which is more popular than cricket, needs more attention. Corporate houses in India should contribute to the growth of <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">football," Alemao added.</p><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; "><font color="#363636" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 18px;">http://www.deccanherald.com/content/135121/churchill-ties-up-ex-liverpool.html</span></font></p><p style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(54, 54, 54); line-height: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "><br></p>
  • Admin wrote: »
    Peace now

<br><div><br></div><div>Dude I am a senior member, I was not going to drag it on. No need for the peace thing.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway as for the Liverpool news... meh.</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    edited June 2012
    really so many academies ,i ony saw few people making out of those academies<div>we should have a dallascup kind of thing here in goa</div><div>invite china u19/japan u/19  some academies from usa and europe have a big prize money to generate buzz</div><div><br></div>