FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar

Comments

• BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Qatar is using practically the same team that won the 2019 Asian Cup. They are virtually unchanged for almost 4 years, and it shows.

A lot of players don't look as good as they did in 2019, especially their captain Alhaydos, Almoez Ali and their entire defense line. Their left-back Hatem won the 2019 Asian Player of the Year, but now looks like a shadow of that player.

This is why I personally don't like closed camps when it comes to the national team. Players should be picked based on their club form.

Imagine if you were a Qatari footballer in 2019 and there's a World Cup going to be played within a few years at your own backyard. You would do everything to raise your game and give yourself a chance to get picked for the World Cup squad. QFA didn't give a chance like this, but decided to stick with the 2019 squad despite many of their players not performing up to the standards for the last couple of years.
    indian_goonergiridharanashindiagoalkeeparsouravindiamunna219777sudheermylankalthebeautifulgameG_KPassi

• Beer Ban will hit hard this world cup eperience

The American beer company tweeted a photo of the stockpiled beer in a Qatar warehouse

The American beer company tweeted a photo of the stockpiled beer in a Qatar warehouse

in future , no WC should be alloted to extremist Islamic countries.
    giridharanDeb_Ban
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    TBH there is no charm in this world cup , i myself live in Qatar and atmosphere here is not that great. I have been to Russia 2018 and the vibe that i have got there is not feeling now  
    munna219777indian_goonerthebeautifulgame
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    G_K said:
    Qatar just embarrassed Asia. Everyone around me was telling "it's just Qatar, it's their first time. They are playing only because they are hosts".

Qatar is the reigning champions of Asia. Expected way better from them. There can be different opinions on Qatar hosting the World Cup. But you cannot attack these players saying they don't know how to play football. It was their chance to gain some respect and they ruined it.

If you think in a way, all these years of preparation was for this match. The next two matches against Senegal and Netherlands will be tough.
    I thought Qatar would atleast score a goal. But looking at their next set of matches I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Ecuador went easy after 2-0 lead, they were trying to save their energy for much tougher games ahead or else Qatar would been thrashed
    goalkeeparmunna219777indian_goonergiridharan
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Iran getting thrashed 3-0 at halftime. Really hope Korea and Japan can get out of their groups. Unfortunately they got the toughest groups out of all Asian teams.
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Boalha said:
    Qatar is using practically the same team that won the 2019 Asian Cup. They are virtually unchanged for almost 4 years, and it shows.

A lot of players don't look as good as they did in 2019, especially their captain Alhaydos, Almoez Ali and their entire defense line. Their left-back Hatem won the 2019 Asian Player of the Year, but now looks like a shadow of that player.

This is why I personally don't like closed camps when it comes to the national team. Players should be picked based on their club form.

Imagine if you were a Qatari footballer in 2019 and there's a World Cup going to be played within a few years at your own backyard. You would do everything to raise your game and give yourself a chance to get picked for the World Cup squad. QFA didn't give a chance like this, but decided to stick with the 2019 squad despite many of their players not performing up to the standards for the last couple of years.
    Qatar basically using the Olympic formula or India's U-17 WC formula where they stuck with 1 team in order to save face in World cup 

They lack football culture the likes of Saudi, Iran and Iraq have in Middle East and also lack the population. They went hard with immigrant players etc and they basically paid there way to host the world cup 

munna219777Deb_Banindian_gooner
  • Other countries laugh on india when we concede 4-5 goals but now look at iran lol...
    Ronny
  • Other countries laugh on india when we concede 4-5 goals but now look at iran lol...
    West Asian countries are lions in Asia but nothing compared to european or south america. Infact a South Korea or Japan  has always fared much better. It looks to me to be more mental than anything 
    deepak dedhaDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Other countries laugh on india when we concede 4-5 goals but now look at iran lol...
    Now imagine being thrashed by these same teams bruh.  
    munna219777Deb_Banindian_goonernamewtheld
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Are West Zone teams weaker than East Zone teams? 
    South Korea, Japan and Australia have majority of their players playing in Europe, which is not the case in West. Their clubs maybe stronger, but that's the best players they got, while the best players of the East are in Europe.
    souravindiaindian_gooner