Premier League Soccer - General Discussion

191011121315»

Comments

• shankar wrote:
    Indians insist their cash-rich football circus can still fly high
    Planning for a soccer equivalent to cricket's IPL has proved difficult, despite the game's popularity, says Andrew Buncombe in Delhi

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/indians-insist-their-cashrich-football-circus-can-still-fly-high-7561606.html

"We will announce the new date [this] week," said Utpal Ganguli, secretary of the Indian Football Association, the organisation which oversees football in the state of West Bengal. "We are working on the logistics to make sure everything is in place."

.......................................................................................................................
    still the plan is on for this season,.i thought they had postponed for next season
    will be interesting to see how it shapes up :-\"

I think they are going to do a summer tournament in the end. Competition will be high in April. You got the end of I-League, IPL and WSH. Summer is the best.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
  • usaindia wrote:
    yes,not a bad idea

True, plus its only West Bengal. It will be hot but not that major. (Yes, before anyone says otherwise note I was in Kolkata in the beginning of 2011.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited March 2012
    No Infrastructure and I expected this,its impossible to play on such shitty stadiums.

Such delay and immature planning by these guys has gained lot of attention and it has become a joke all around the world with media calling it "circus" etc.

These corporates should instead join Kolkata League(Make it Bengal League) and start it in systematic way by investing in basics like Infra etc then establish themselves in 2nd Division.

These 3 week Hungama tourney's will not help Indian Football in anyway and neither will they be able to last for longer period.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    No Infrastructure and I expected this,its impossible to play on such shitty stadiums.

Such delay and immature planning by these guys has gained lot of attention and it has become a joke all around the world with media calling it "circus" etc.

These corporates should instead join Kolkata League(Make it Bengal League) and start it in systematic way by investing in basics like Infra etc then establish themselves in 2nd Division.

These 3 week Hungama tourney's will not help Indian Football in anyway and neither will they be able to last for longer period.

+1...neither is it gonna help them produce enough money back with their lack of quality local players as it will lead to reduced interest in coming years
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <br>
    usaindia wrote: »

<br><br>What is d latest happening here..all d PLS news had dried up from the media?..or the intrest will start only by 2013..<br>
    <br>Guess we can consider the 2012 PLS as case study on how not to do things.. perhaps the organisers should have followed the " TOYOTA WAY".. plan plan plan plan and then implement rather than  implement implement and then go back to plan.<br><br>