Arsenal : The 2012-13 Season

Comments

• I'm not optimistic about this season anymore. RVP will probably leave and our defense is not reinforced so that reduces our chances. Gazidis and Hill-wood only care about their profits. They stated recently that we are a good team since we don't go into relegation (or something along those lines). I don't know why they are not letting Usmanov into the board. We are not going to become another Chelsea and Man-city with the money he's going to provide because ultimately it is up to the manager to sign players, not the board. But if we really want a player, then if we have the money, we can win bidding wars against other teams and keep our best players. If RVP and/or even walcott transfer to another Premeire League team, expect them to win the title there and not with Arsenal. I'm sick of seeing us sign young talent, groom them and sell them to another club. I think Podolski is a world class signing but Giroud is only going to be slightly better than Chamakh. We sign players no one has even heard of. Back in our heyday we used to sign top players and were one of the highest spenders in the transfer market but now that is declining. We need a tough defender, a defensive mid and an attacking mid.
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited July 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-size: 10pt; ">Usmonov cant join because of the money. We dont want to be Man City or Chelsea and yes it is up to Wenger but who would be the one controlling Wenger's contract... USMONOV. If Usmonov gives the money to Wenger and Wenger does not use it than our rich ass owner would fire Wenger, hire an AVB type character and we would be what we dont want to be. </font><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br>Arsenal has class, they have a history, they have a dynasty. We dont need stars from money but through systems and youth development and the odd big signings. Also fuck Robin van Persie. It is all about money to that low life. He sugar coated it (or his agent; the one who made the statement for him) that we have no ambition. Well, what the fuck does Podolski or Oliver Giroud mean to RVP. Podolski is a big name, 4th top scorer in the Bundesliga in 2011-12. Oliver was top scorer in France. They are mid-20s. </font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also WTF are you talking about with our defense. Our defense is amazing!</font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: center; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Sagna<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Vermaelan<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Mertesaker<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Santos</b></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: center; "><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Jenkinson<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Kocieoney<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Djourou<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Gibbs</b></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: center; "><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></b></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: center; "><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Then the youngsters</b></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: center; "><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Yenarris<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Miquel<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Bartley<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Gibbs/Martin</b></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: center; "><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></b></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font size="2">(Removing harsh statement; Sorry; did not mean it)</font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Also van Persie leaving is good. We get a good 20 million for him at the age of fucking 29! He is done in 1 year.</span></div>
  • <b>Projected Arsenal Line-up 2012-13: (At the beginning)</b><div><b><br></b></div><div style="text-align: center;"><b><font face="Arial">Szczesny</font></b></div><div style="text-align: center;"><font face="Arial"><b>Sagna<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Vermaelan<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Mertesaker<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Santos</b></font></div><div style="text-align: center;"><font face="Arial"><b>Song</b></font></div><div style="text-align: center;"><font face="Arial"><b>Arteta<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Rosicky</b></font></div><div style="text-align: center;"><font face="Arial"><b>Walcott<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Podolski<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Gervinho</b></font></div><div style="text-align: center;"><font face="Arial"><b><br></b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>BENCH:</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>GK) [New signing]</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>DE) Koscielny</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>DE) Gibbs</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>MF) Wilshere</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>FW) Chamberlain</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>FW) Giroud</b></font></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="Arial"><b>MF) Ramsey</b></font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What I think we need:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">2-3 signings...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">- 1 Goalkeeper</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">- 1 Midfielder</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">- 1 Forward</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">OR if we get Clint Dempsey than we get a midfielder and a forward all in one.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b>Players I want:</b></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Allan McGregor</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Position: Goalkeeper</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Age: 30</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Team: Rangers Football Club (Scottish Premier League)</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Nation: Scotland</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Caps with Rangers: 205 (From 2001-2012)</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Caps with Scotland national team: 21 (From 2007-onwards)</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Expected Fee: FREE</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><hr><font face="Arial"><b>Clint Dempsey</b></font></div><div><br></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Position: Attacking Midfield - Striker</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Age: 29</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Team: Fulham Football Club (EPL)</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Nation: United States</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Caps with Fulham FC: 184 (2007-onwards) </b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Goals with Fulham FC: 50</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>THIS PAST SEASON: Caps: 37 - Goals: 17 (4th top scorer in the Premier League)</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Caps with the United States national team: 87 (2004-onwards)</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>Goals with the United States national team: 27</b></font></div>
  • We do have history, class, and Dynasty but we might not have a future if we continue running the club the way we are. Also, Usmanov would be one of three stakeholders in the board so he's not going to have all the say in the clubs finances but at least if he's in the board, we can sign players of better quality knowing that we have the finances to do so. M'vila, before getting injured in Euros, was looking to sign at clubs other than Arsenal though Arsenal were literally up his ass for the past year or so. How shameful is that? We chase a player and basically beg for them to join us and they end up signing somewhere else (not in M'vila's case but you know what I mean.) If RVP decides he really does not want to sign an extension (he still has to talk with Gazidis) then yea, I agree, sell him and sign a Premier League experienced striker (My personal favorite would be Danny Graham from Swansea) and an experienced defender from the Italian league which is the best defensive league in my opinion. <div><br></div><div>This would be my starting line up: 4-1-3-2</div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Szczesny</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Sagna<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Koscielny<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Vermaelen<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Santos</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Song<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>/M'Vila</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Walcott/Rosicky<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Arteta<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Gervinho/Ox</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Giroud<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Podolski</span></div>
  • Yea, I would love to have Dempsey at Arsenal!<div><br></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Guys..i still have hope.rvp letter mentions he is awaiting gazdis return from.his vacation in 2weeks...maybe its ploy to pressure mgmnt into getting .more high profile players...just like what rooney tried with manu...i feel only a small hope that this might happen...its not over till its over..
  • silicon3 wrote: »
    Guys..i still have hope.rvp letter mentions he is awaiting gazdis return from.his vacation in 2weeks...maybe its ploy to pressure mgmnt into getting .more high profile players...just like what rooney tried with manu...i feel only a small hope that this might happen...its not over till its over..

<br><div><br></div><div>Arsenal already made a statement saying that Gazidis is not on vacation which is true as he was in London when they announced the Nigeria friendly canceled.</div><div><br></div><div>van Persie is gone. Even if we force the 1 last year, mentally now he is gone. </div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    btw Arsenal  i personally do not like the away kit colors and design....last years was better
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    silicon3 wrote: »
    btw Arsenal  i personally do not like the away kit colors and design....last years was better

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I hated it at first but got used to it. Nice to see something new. I want to see the Yellow and Blue again. Bring back the 70s with the 1971 and 1979 FA Cup winning teams. Look at these videos, makes you proud to be an Arsenal fan...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">YELLOW AND BLUE!</font></div>