Arsenal : The 2012-13 Season

Comments

• <div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Rosicky... wont be a starter. Song, Arteta, Wilshere (when fit)</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Gervinho... agree.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Ox and Miyanchi quality... you having a laugh mate. Ox is to raw, he is not ready to start consistently. Let the media say he does because he is English but you can tell from watching him that he is still a raw talent who needs to know how to use his strengths.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">RVP... but it is true. Van Persie can only position and shoot. He is not all Arsenal. Who ever thinks that does not know football. "oh van Persie was Arsenal in 2011-12" "oh Fabregas was Arsenal in 2010-11" "oh Henry was Arsenal in 1,000 BC" Give it up already. We will move on without him. Podolski is the future of Germany (as if he is not already) and Giroud is a super model.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You do know that ticket prices were decreased for basically most of the matches this season. Separated by categories. And if paying an extra 10 pounds is to much to see Arsenal then go join City or Chelsea. Chelleni is shit. Saw him last season... best if he stayed in Serie A. Mvila... you are really reading to much Sky News. Young... so you rather us break the budget and go after some player who will most likely leave for Man City 2 years later instead of signing a talented youngster before he becomes a finished story with Barca. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The board... STOP READING TABLOIDS!</font></div>
  • aamirakram_19aamirakram_19 0 Points
    edited July 2012
    I do read tabloids but I also watched most arsenal games last season via streaming websites or ESPN3. I do not just read Tabloids.<div>Fabianski on his day can be a top keeper but he is too inconsistent which is the problem. If a goal keeper has a bad day then we will definitely lose a match. Just look at our previous GKs Seaman and Lehman. These guys were class and now none of our GKs even starts for their country. Did fabianski even get a call for Poland in the Euros? Just looking at the quality of our GKs tells us where we are headed as a club. </div><div>Jenkinson.....is amazing at scoring own goals <a href=" style="font-size: 10pt; "> might know how to cross but he can't defend for his life if it came down to that. Ever wonder why he was removed from the starting XI? I remember one game Jenkinson was put as a Centerback and boy was that horrendous to watch. He is hard working but he needs to develop like you said. But as of now, he is not class.</div><div>I remember that tackle from Gibbs and I did raise my level of respect for him but why is that even a highlight? Isn't that his job anyways? Gibbs is nowhere close to the skill level as Ashley Cole was when he played for Arsenal and he is actually lower than Clichy at the same age. He has potential to be good but as of now, he is not class. </div><div>Per is good at positioning himself and reading the game but in all honesty I've begun to doubt if you watched any arsenal games. If someone in the opposition beats the offside trap, are you telling me that Per will reach him and make a last ditch tackle? Just watch any of Per's highlight videos and you will see how he lags behind when the opposition is attacking. If you think he has speed, I don't know what to say man. He is probably the slowest player in the current Arsenal squad. He has good game IQ and decent bit of physicality but no speed. Him and Koscielny could balance the speed with defensive IQ but I'd rather have Vermaelen and Koscielny start any day. </div><div>Rosicky is class.</div><div>Ox is not too raw. Unlike Walcott he does not just run straight at defenders. He has flair, an eye for the pass, and great shot. I remember he was played as a center mid one game and I remember him unleashing shots from beyond the box, some where he either scored or the GK had to make a great save. He is jacked and fast and is skillful. Again, I am beginning to wonder if you watched any games last season. He does need a bit more taming to reach another level but once he does that, watch out! He started in Euros for a reason but it was too early for him. </div><div>Miyachi reminds me of Ronaldo. He is quick as hell and has a bit of flair and can also score goals from that angle like ronaldo. I was so glad we did not get Hazard because Miyachi at same age will be better. He was loved at Feyenoord and Bolton and both clubs wanted him back. That tells you something. Here <a href=" style="font-size: 10pt; ">
  • aamirakram_19aamirakram_19 0 Points
    edited July 2012
    <div>I would pay an extra 100 pounds to watch arsenal at Emirates if they won games and subsequently trophies, but if not then what's the point?</div><div>Serie A has the best defenders of any league in the world and though I used Chilleni as the first example that came to mind, Chilleni is better than any defenders Arsenal has right now.</div><div>As for Young, how many games did he play? You'd rather have us pay money for someone who is not contributing to the team? Bottom line is if we have top players and we were winning torphies, nobody would leave us to begin with.</div><div>I'm always going to be loyal to Arsenal even if they are relegated but you need to realize how we are in decline for the past decade or so and that it is a serious problem. If you can't realize this then you are delusional (for the lack of better term). A fan's responsibility is to make sure we voice our opinions about the club if it is not going in the right direction and that is what I am doing. I'm not like a little kid that supports which ever team is winning at the moment nor was I an Arsenal bandwagon fan. I came to like arsenal when I put on the TV at a hotel in Niagara falls and Arsenal were playing. That was my first exposure to any kind of club football so in a way Arsenal is my first and only love.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Well last year we were totally written of and considered relegation material but RVP rose to d ocassion, lets agree that football is team work and RVP was fed a lot of passes and crosses.i am highly doubtfull he will be able to play alone and score d goals he did..players in our team have their own flaws and brilliance. When things are going well flaws will be over looked but come bad times and the flaws will be scrutinized and hammered on.<br><br>Lets agree wenger has learnt his lesson and has started much earlier by getting in more players, agreed they are not high profile like what chelsea are doing or Mancity did last year..previous league we did not have enough bench strength to cover our injured players, as perr me that is what cost us a few important matches and valuable points. should 2 of 3 of our players get injured there is no quality equivalent to take his place, the other top 4 clubs have this back up available..this what must be covered this year... <br><br>We have a fair chance of wining the EPL , just like Chelsea, MANU, MANcity.  I again reiterate just buying the best marquee players does not guarantee that you will win d league..i do not believe this, there are enough cases to prove this.MANCity  nearly lost ot last year and won d league only in d last 5 minutes, had they lost they would have been a laughing stock.<br><br>We all know Arsene wenger is not someone will will spend 30 million a players, 9 -10 -15 million is what he will go up t0, none of us have any idea what is truly going on in the transfer market wrt to Arsenal, all of us religiouly rea dteh blogs and come to our  own conclusions, but i am sure having seen how close we came to losing the CL spot and takin a hit on the money that could have been lost, we will definitely have at least 2-3 more signings.to cover the midfield and defense. <br><br>Wenger is making efforts to clear all d dead wood and free up wages for new and existing players..All of us are true Arsenal fan and not go go with the wind type...we all have our opinions and will fight for what we think d club must do..i Say whatever happens  We are Arsenal, The club will always be greater than the player... still a month reminaing for wenger to pull a cat out of d bag for us fans...<br><br><br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@Silicon3 that was beautiful. I agree. I mean look at RVP before 2011-12. He was the guy who would score 10 goals a season at most. That is why I believe Ranti Martins wont be the big guy at Prayag. Before 2010-11 he was the 10 goal a season guy too. Plus at RVPs age I doubt he will do it again. </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for our other players I agree. I mean look at what we have. Chesney will be there. Vermanator looked great when he played for Belgium before the Euro's and I think a pre-season is what he needs. Luarent shall be back again and looking to be that big player again. Per will also be back and more wiser as well and full adjusted in London. Sagna will be back soon but Carl can cover, specially since it is only Sunderland our first game. Santos and Gibbs are also a "gay" group.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Song is defensive midfield is huge and Coq can fill in as back-up. He is young and experienced. Not world class but a back-up does not have to be. Arteta and Wilshere up front and until Wilshere... DIABY! Look at Wenger's most recent interview. The way Wenger talks about Diaby is amazing. He loves Diaby. He even said that the France coach blanch gave Diaby an early call-up to the Euros but he was injured. Get a pre-season and he should be in the fold. Lansbury... look Man U gave Cleverly a chance and look what happened. It can happen at Arsenal and every player needs to start somewhere. The forward. Podolski and Oliver will need time but I feel with the team behind them that they will be fine. Walcott I feel will sign soon and if not than we can find someone else. The OX is in full swing as well and will be our "Super-Sub" while Ryo could play as well along with GERVINHO!</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for Wenger's spending, he already confirmed that he will not spend more on a midfielder. He is happy in that department. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-the-situation-is-not-the-same-as-last-year-</font></div>;
  • Look, everyone knows our team has potential.....but that's what has been said for how long now?<div>I really would like these youngsters to stay with Arsenal for the rest of their career and build a legacy but the problem comes when the club sells off our best players right at their prime. We had the opportunity to build a team around some great players but we loose it every time. Of course manshitty are partially to be blamed for offering our players ridiculous amounts of money but let's take an example of former. </div><div>We could have built a great team around Fabregas when he was at the club but we didn't. We had good midfield but our attacking options were limited while our defense was one of the worst in the top 10 of the whole EPL. Nicklas bendtner, Adebayor, carlos vela are all good but nowhere close to Van Persie. If we had spent just some money to buy a world class striker or two and solidified our defense, then we would not have had a trophy drought. I know football is a team game but just tell if Barca would have been as successful without messi as they were with him? Bringing in quality players is what builds the club and unfortunately we have not done that. Instead we sold our best players and now we are constantly changing around players when we already had something to build on but we did not. It takes a player a season or two to get settled in EPL so don't expect Giroud or Podolski to start making an impact immediately. I mean everyone speculates for the right reasons that Giroud was brought in to replace RVP........this is exactly what I mean when I say that our club is in decline. How can you compare Giroud to Van Persie?????? I would have expected wenger to sign Vertonghen and Mvila if he really wanted to show how serious he is but vertonghen is gone to spurs and Mvila does not even want to come here. </div><div><br></div><div>I don't want to argue on this forum anymore but I will guarantee you by the end of our next campaign we will still be trophy-less. I would expect a top 4 finish and a semifinal finish in the league cup but a quarter final exit in both the FA cup and the CL. Beat me up if I am wrong by the end of our next campaign. ; )</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We already had 4 good center-backs. Vertonghen was not needed. We already got a world class defensive midfielder in Alex Song and if M'vila came we would bench one of them and I dont thank either would love that.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">As for selling the best. Listen all we did was sell Fabregas to a team he grew up with. We had no choice. And then Nasri (who was not world class at all) and van Persie (10 goals per season average). As for van Persie vs. Adebayor. If Adebayor stayed then he would be among the best in the league. I still remember the 2007-08 season when he scored I believe around 25 goals. Money hit him.</div><div><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now if you want an example of a player doing well when coming to the EPL... EDUARDO DA SILVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not shouting at you... I love Eduardo. Best player on FIFA). Eduardo was on fire but Taylor fucked him up. He would have killed van Persie off. Bendtner would have been great as well but attitude was always a problem. I knew after that underwear pic in 2009 that he was crazy.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for trophies. We will do it. And if we dont, who cares. We will get close and inch closer. We can do it. If Birmingham can beat us to win the Carling Cup; if Portsmouth could win the FA Cup... then Arsenal can win a major trophy.</font></div>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3394 Points
    @silicon, your words are motivating...we should go for it<br> ;;)
  • Full Time (A few hours ago): Arsenal FC 2-1 Malaysia XI<div><br></div><div>Eisfeld and Aneke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div><div><br></div><div>My MOTM: Ryo</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited July 2012
    @silicon, your words are motivating...we should go for it<br> ;;)

<br><br>buddy we just need BENCH strength and Referee's tilt towards arsenal..and we will win this year..<br><br>I am also sure there will be at least 2 more players that wenger will get in and we will challenge with or w/o RVP<br>