Discipline in Indian Football

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > sanvedjadhav said:
    > > instead of getting regular first team opportunities and national team call ups, most players prefer to be STARS by being a part of EB MB teams in kolkata.... being a part of kolkata clubs is a dream of most of the ambitious players, but it should not come at the cost of regular first team football

>
    >

True... plus the salaries. That is why players at big clubs like Arsenal stay because they have a good salary and are on a good team despite not contributing. Almunia could have left Arsenal a year earlier but he stayed because of money despite him knowing he would not see even the bench.

In this case that is what you have at East Bengal... the players who you would not expect to be on the bench are on it anyway and there seems to be no ambition to get out... or at least hard ambition. Players like Robin, Lalrindika, Raju etc should be furious at the lack of game time. It will ruin there careers.

you cant include ralte in this list.... he is not fully match fit so is the reason he is not getting into starting 11 i suppose
  • True but I am just saying that in general there are a lot of East Bengal players that should be starting but are not.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I dont agree at all... these are players who need to thrive in a competitive environment...going to a small club wont help...Raju was first choice initially, but if he got injured and then lost his form then it is not EB's fault. Now EB has 4 good CB's and apart from Okpara the other spot has to be fought by the 3 Indians. This is goood. Raju is losing his form not because of lack of playing time but beacuse he was losing form who he had lack of playing time.

Same for Robin. He was first choice for 2 years now, its his problem that he can't force hhimself in.

in general, Trevor Morgan is very good with youth, he remembers and nurtures. Like who talks about Subodh Kumar? He kept him in the team, playing in kolkata league, now yesterday he started in absence of Mehtab and did a decent job. When u are a youth player u hhave to wait. But this can happen ony when a coach stays for long time. Like fergusson or wenger does. Morgan has been for 3  years and exactly doing this. Bring on youth and slowly blooding them. He has 2-3 good players for every position  and there's a competition....
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@shankar & @sanvedjadhav eb as team want to be the best in india. we lost the i-leagud last 2 seasons. to be the best we need the best indian players. the players who isn't getting the playing time they should work double hard to get in 1st 11. & not take the easy way out playing for a smaller team,this way they will actualy improve. look at gurwinder he was our #1 indian cb last season. now because arnab he isn't getting the playing time that he whould have liked,but he is working hard to get in the team. isn't it good for him that he is trying to be even more better? ane for money they will get the same money in any other team where they don't have to work hard & improve as a player will that be good for them or indian NT ?

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > @shankar & @sanvedjadhav eb as team want to be the best in india. we lost the i-leagud last 2 seasons. to be the best we need the best indian players. the players who isn't getting the playing time they should work double hard to get in 1st 11. & not take the easy way out playing for a smaller team,this way they will actualy improve. look at gurwinder he was our #1 indian cb last season. now because arnab he isn't getting the playing time that he whould have liked,but he is working hard to get in the team. isn't it good for him that he is trying to be even more better? ane for money they will get the same money in any other team where they don't have to work hard & improve as a player will that be good for them or indian NT ?

yea the competitiveness is really good for their growth but i hope they are mentally strong enough to take this as positive and get themselves to their best and get into starting 11
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

by Far EB is looking the sharpest and hungriest team going about it is a focuused and dedicated manner.. no controversies affecting the team....the results of Keeping Trevor in d coaching seat will show this year or the next

• @Rudra Please tell me how that works. It would work well if they were younger or older but they are 22, 21, 20. They need to play. Not spend time on the bench and if they cant find the pitch then they should be out there getting the time and showing Trevor Morgan what they can do if you just play us.

Example: Romeo Fernandes. Great player. Benched by Dempo for the first 5 matches. Starts against ONGC... invisible. 

These players need to play... they are at the age when they need the game time the most.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

So, Trevor Morgan should only have 11 good players? and rest shit bench players right?

• > rudra said:
    > So, Trevor Morgan should only have 11 good players? and rest shit bench players right?

No, but if you have players with the potential of Robin Singh for instance and you are making him sit on the bench at the age of 22 he should be playing somewhere else on loan to gain experience.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @Joyptan has shared this in Arrows news thread, but I am resharing here due to the relevance. Somnath has written this, and encompasses the current situations of many promising footballers in India.

Indian Football: Papas Must Ensure Pailan Arrows Players Don’t Go Lalam Puia Way

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/indian-football-papas-must-ensure-pailan-arrows-players-dont-go-lalam-puia-way/