I-League in Asian Champions League

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

munna21977 said:

http://www.the-afc.com/en/resources/regulations-a-guidelines/general-regulations/91-general-stadium-regulations

Can someone give this link to Goa Football Association and Sports Authority of Goa who owns Fatorda Stadium, Tilak maidan, Duler Ground that why their grounds do not satisfy AFC guidelines? It's really not rocket science. They knew 6 months before that Dempo will participate in AFC cup 2013 but cannot fix any stadium. Atleast now plan for AFC cup 2014. Something is really weird in Sports Administration there. It took them 4 years to fix floodlights at Fatorda.

There is one line that got my eye

"The stadia must not be used for any other matches and/or activites and a clean stadia must be available to AFC from thirty (30) days prior to the Match day until one (1) day after the Match"

CAN'T A TEAM PLAY THEIR DOMESTIC GAMES IN THE STADIUM WHERE THE WILL PLAY AFC MATCHES FOR 30 DAYS BEFORE THE AFC MATCH???

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

Jordan V.P has every right to be disappointed.AFC sucks definitely the worst confederation in the world except for top 10 countries there is nothing else for others.

AFC = MEGA FAIL

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> ashindia said:
    > Jordan V.P has every right to be disappointed.AFC sucks definitely the worst confederation in the world except for top 10 countries there is nothing else for others.

AFC = MEGA FAIL

True that....
    AFC runs the same way ICC runs cricket.... both dont give teams below their elite any scope of growth and blame the lower teams of not raising their bars
  • @Joyptan ; The language is confusing there. I remember last year East Bengal played at Salt Lake Stadium  and next week played for AFC cup at same stadium. I think they want to say that clean stadium should be given to AFC anywhere between 1 day to 30 day time period before the match.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

munna21977 said:
    @Ashlesh There are lot of factors due to which India got less points. I league separate entity is one of those. Poor Stadium attendance is one of them. In Goa, very few tickets are sold. Crowd comes there becoz of Complimentary passes or when Gates are thrown open.  That is wrong.Proper revenue due to marketing, tickets, merchandise etc. is required. Junior teams, academy, quality of stadiums.   We cant just blame AIFF or Air India.

I casually asked some people at Fatorda stadium abt the game the other day. The common reply I got was " Just bcoz I have pass I am coming , otherwise who will come and watch this rubbish games. These matches are not even worth Rs30."

Secondly only people in a range of 5 km come for these matches played so late. There is no public transport in Goa after 8 pm. So Ten actiion needs to adjust and hv the matches at 5.30.

I have concluded that people have become so disinterested in Indian football, due to exposure to foreign leagues.They expect better quality which is absent. Now how can this mindset be changed.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited November 2012

@Domnic only time & NT sucsses can change those mindset.

• @Domnic yes I understand as I have been to Goa. Fatorda suits people of Margao  while Tilak Maidan suits Vasco da Gama. Even Duler Ground is atleast 15 km from Panaji. They should improve transportation on match days with some extra buses etc. Mindset has to be changed and some more effort is required by administration.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Domnic

munna21977 said:

@Ashlesh There are lot of factors due to which India got less points. I league separate entity is one of those. Poor Stadium attendance is one of them. In Goa, very few tickets are sold. Crowd comes there becoz of Complimentary passes or when Gates are thrown open.  That is wrong.Proper revenue due to marketing, tickets, merchandise etc. is required. Junior teams, academy, quality of stadiums.   We cant just blame AIFF or Air India.

I casually asked some people at Fatorda stadium abt the game the other day. The common reply I got was " Just bcoz I have pass I am coming , otherwise who will come and watch this rubbish games. These matches are not even worth Rs30."

Secondly only people in a range of 5 km come for these matches played so late. There is no public transport in Goa after 8 pm. So Ten actiion needs to adjust and hv the matches at 5.30.

I have concluded that people have become so disinterested in Indian football, due to exposure to foreign leagues.They expect better quality which is absent. Now how can this mindset be changed.

7pm is ok saw the fans for match btw dempo vs bagan

• AFC Champions League Allocations:

EAST ZONE
    Japan: 4 (all direct slots)
    Korea Republic: 4 (all direct slots)
    China: 4 (all direct slots)
    Uzbekistan: 1 (direct slot)
    Australia: 1+1 (direct+playoff)
    Thailand: 1+1 (direct+playoff)

WEST ZONE
    Saudi Arabia: 4 (all direct slots)
    Qatar: 4 (all direct slots)
    Iran: 3+1 (direct+playoff)
    UAE: 2+2 (direct+playoff)
    Uzbekistan: 1+1 (direct+playoff)

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

hadfadkar said:

Domnic

munna21977 said:

7pm is ok saw the fans for match btw dempo vs bagan

That is bcoz Dempo has arranged 3-4 buses on their own from North Goa to transport the fans.

I guess you also saw how many were there for the sporting match!!!